Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2009 2:43:45 PM EDT
Folks I was just reading all your posts (well not quite all of them) and I come from a Class III friendly state and will be in Iowa late April/early May to do work on a movie.  We will be filming with full auto M4's and I was hoping someone here could enlighten me on how to go about getting any special "temporary permit" to do so.  Also, are there any SOT 2 guys on here?   Sorry to hear that you guys are so restricted, I would be out of business if they pulled that here in SC.

Thanks in advance.
Todd.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Get ahold of boogerhooker.  He's our moderator and can probably steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Tom Wheeler, Manager, Iowa Film Office
[email protected]

He's the guy you want to talk to, really great guy, likes to help us Indie folks out as much as possible.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]
just curious, but this isn't some liberal whacko shitbird film is it?  i'd have serious reservations about helping folks who intend on making a film with an antigun agenda.  i know this sounds harsh, but it should be asked and answered.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just curious, but this isn't some liberal whacko shitbird film is it?  i'd have serious reservations about helping folks who intend on making a film with an antigun agenda.  i know this sounds harsh, but it should be asked and answered.

Yeah, and if your not a Hollyweird wacko can I be an extra? I look like Keanu Reeves but can act like Bruce Willis. Oh, and I can supply my own weapons, er, I mean props.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Amen.  Things are bad enough here as it is.

Glad to see you gave up on that New Year's resolution Septic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
lol, I did'nt even catch that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope, no anti gun on this side.  It's a hollywierdo zombie type movie though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
i never got a return IM from you so i assume you found the stuff you needed...  when you're able let us know about it, so we can check it out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Hollywood zombie deal huh, count me in, as stated earler from another, will supply my own prop but its a semi only.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#11]
That would be sweet!   I second what Jusbo posted.,
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope, no anti gun on this side.  It's a hollywierdo zombie type movie though.

Uhhhm.  You know you can't use the words Filming, Zombie, Movie and Iowa in the same sentence around here with out more details right?  Let's have 'em - locations, dates?
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top