Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/14/2007 5:24:47 PM EDT
Hey ya'll is it unlawfull to send my buddy a pistol down in San Antonio ? Ive sent some long guns before, but want to make sure my pistols are Kosher too. I know no USPS......

He is of legal age and everything.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:45:28 PM EDT
I actually tink it is ok within the same state, but not positive. Dont go to jail for my thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:47:29 PM EDT
Not plan in on it..... I actualy have read the ATF rules on this.... I just cant find em again.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 5:49:43 PM EDT by 1IV]
Found it.

From the ATF FAQ page. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b8

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? [Back]

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]
Go to Top of Page
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:39:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1IV:
Hey ya'll is it unlawfull to send my buddy a pistol down in San Antonio ? Ive sent some long guns before, but want to make sure my pistols are Kosher too. I know no USPS......

He is of legal age and everything.

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to do a long weekend in SA with the wife or gf or both in a really nice hotel and FTF the pistol to your buddy?

My wife and I do that a lot, trips to get beads and jewelry supplies in Austin, nuke classes in SA, outlet malls in San Marcos, etc....

mm
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:18:49 AM EDT
MMMMMMM roooooooadtrip.......
Top Top