Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 10:49:47 PM EDT
Ok you crazy Piute whats the fishing like ? i just went down to fishermans today and spent a kidney on combo licence
and steelhead tag.

the waters looking good anyone having any luck i would think fish are higher up by now

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Went up by Eagle Creek last weekend and saw a couple fish caught, had one on but lost him in the snags.  There are fish there, but you have to work for them.  Might be better down by Carver.

I hit the Sandy yesterday and this a.m., water is looking alot better with the last few days of clear weather.  Landed an 8lb hen at Dodge Park, and a 12lb buck at the Sand Hole.  Hen fell to a jig/bobber combo.  Buck to a cocktail shrimp and corky.  So all in all was a good way to start the day.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
What ever happened to the "throw a stick of dynamite in the water" trick?  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It got replaced by the "float a Tannerite bottle down the river and shoot it" trick
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It got replaced by the "float a Tannerite bottle down the river and shoot it" trick

OH REALLY?! Guess I am behind the times..  Quick someone strap a can of propane to it, so it cooks the fish as well.

Edit:  Whoa.. Tannerite and Water.  I am foreseeing something in the future...  Is there a shooting spot on the east side of portland that has a pond?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Throw a Seal Bomb with waterproof fuses" trick.

Although I do like the floating Tannerite idea. Reminds me of John Wayne in Rooster Cogburn.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
It's sucked so bad for the past few months I gave up and have been boarding/skiing on Hood each weekend.  I'll give my buddy Mr. Alsbury (NWWD) a call and find out what he has to say... next runs peak should be right about now if I remember.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#7]
12 pound native (like you munkalido ) caught and released yesterday
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]
went there again today made about 5 cast then the wife said to get my ass back home but as i was leaving the
guy next to me locked on a bigin i ran over and netted it for him . thats 2 for 2 trips each trip less than a half hr

this one looked to be a 8-10 pounder hatchery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top