Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 6:54:54 PM EDT

Saw a blurb on TV about some illegal workers getting access to the Boeing Apache plant out in Mesa and possible nefarious acts yada-yada-yada but I can't find anything on AZ Repugnant or East Valley Trib websites.

Anyone know the story?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
... INS rounded up illegals.

…  I think Boeing Security was concerned that contractors hiring illegal aliens providing food, grounds maintenance and various janitorial services were in too close proximity to sensitive materials.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw an Apache with dingle balls hanging off the front window, and mother mary etched in the side glass!

It was flying real low cuz there were fifteen illegals stuffed in it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw an Apache with dingle balls hanging of the front window, and mother mary etched in the side glass!

It was flying real low cuz there were fifteen illegals stuffed in it!

Oh, DUDE!!!  I saw that one...had those funny spinny hubcap things on the landing gear!!!!  Stellar paint job!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Was that the same one with the crushed velvet flight seats?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Man you guys are insensitive to our undocumented good friends!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it's interior is tijuana gold. That's where they spray the moldings of the interior with Krylon gold paint.
Looks like Saddams AK.
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, it's interior is tijuana gold. That's where they spray the moldings of the interior with Krylon gold paint.
Looks like Saddams AK.
-Steve

... all joking aside, those hauled off were the hardest working people on the site
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The RIGHT thing.

Wish it could happen at my workplace... Oh wait... we don't hire ILLEGALS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]

... all joking aside, those hauled off were the hardest working people on the site

Cool,  their excellent work ethic will be much appreciated when they decide to come in thru the front door.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#10]

I work in the construction field and know what you mean. I drives me crazy that this is the way it is, but it is.  Its hard to find good guys who are willing to work for a living. That being said, I am for an instant social security back ground check when  you are hired. You call in the SS number and make sure it matches the name the guys gives. Our office gets calls about once a year from the SS admin. saying some lady in the midwests cant collect SS because she is working as an electricaian in AZ. These guys buy a SS number on the street. When they get caught they buy another. When we hire them they show a DL and a SS card and they are all set. Drives me crazy.
Milhouse....the original Milhouse
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]

I can always send you their deport pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top