Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/25/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
Thanks for the great class as always. I learned alot of good stuff today. I may have to leave the AK at home next time and run it with the M4, though. Well, maybe not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:11:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Well, maybe not.

Did she hold her own?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:27:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Accountant30339:

Well, maybe not.

Did she hold her own?

I was very pleased. Not a single issue (that wasn't operator induced) and accurate to boot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:32:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Accountant30339:

Well, maybe not.

Did she hold her own?

I was very pleased. Not a single issue (that wasn't operator induced) and accurate to boot.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 6:11:04 AM EDT by MadDogDan]
+1 Mike on a great class. Learned a lot also, however I think I need a knee replacment from all the shoot & scoot drills. Still can't stand up straight.

MadDog
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:58:55 PM EDT
As usual, a great class. Lot's of drills that can be replicated at the home range. Good to see everyone, put some more names to faces. Thanks to all that lent weapons to the "test some random guys rifle" session. What's better than shooting someone else's super secret squirrel rifle with optics, suppressor and using their ammo without cleaning it? Hope to see some more of y'all soon!

P.S. - When's the next class?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:58:11 PM EDT
Great class Mike, I had a blast and learned alot. Bookhound, thanks for letting me borrow your riffle. I'm ready for another class. Maybe a 7.62 class?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:27:23 PM EDT
Looks like I missed some good stuff

Commision retail sales and always working on the weekends really sux sometimes, but if I would have taken today off it would have been a $600 class for me.

I hope to make the next one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:08:50 AM EDT
Het Guys I had a great time also thanks for coming out to shoot. Don't forget to go to www.PCSC.US and click the "email me with your comments" and say thanks for letting us use the range and any comments about the class. It really makes a difference.

A few comments about the class.
No one including me gets enough carbine practice.
There were a lot of less than shots especially in the begining as people got used to their triggers again. Just like pistol shooting trigger control is the key element to accurate shooting.
Saw a lot of malfunctions. The most common as always is no bullet in chamber from improper loading technique. The second common malfunction is lack of lubrication. We had several guns go down towards the end of the day from lube burning off after a couple hunderd rounds. Me I use Echo chainsaw bar oil every 1000 rounds or so.
We did a fair amount of shooting while moving. It looks easy but like many things is certainly is not. Shooting while moving and being able to shoot a kill zone size group takes a lot of work.

So you all practice up on shooting and moving and we will schedule another carbine class in the next month or so.

thanks for coming out and I hope you'all had fun

Mike
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:07:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:36:59 AM EDT
The two biggest things that I walked away with were...

Be proficient with every platform that you own. I brought the AK on a whim and realized that I didn't have near enough time spent perfecting the fundamentals of the gun (i.e. selector manipulation, reloading, etc.). You must be intimately familiar with each platform to function in any scenario.

Don't rush your shots just to complete a drill. The point of the drill is to get good hits under stress. Run the drill as slow as necesarry to get good hits and speed will come with practice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
Most people prefer comforting delusions to reality, which is why many people shoot, few train and fewer still measure themselves against the best. I prefer being in the company of the few.

and Two Brothers makes damn good ribs

Mike
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:12:59 PM EDT
Mike, thanks for the fine class. I look forward to attending more. Travelling a few thousand miles and joining the GA team once more was priceless! Cheers!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:33:25 PM EDT
Mike,

Thanks again also for the great class. It was humbling to see how a little cold can really start to effect my shooting after a few hours. I really enjoyed it and will be looking forward to the next one.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
Two Brothers had damn good ribs but even better chocolate pie and vanilla ice cream.

I enjoyed the class. Its always good to get good regimented trigger time with a good group of guys. I train about 1/2 as much on carbine as I do on pistol. Look forward to the next time. Maybe more ultra high speed super cool ninja shit and fast roping from helos.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:25:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 00bullitt:
I train about 1/2 as much on carbine as I do on pistol.

And I train about 1/2 as much on carbine as I do on ribs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:45:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BookHound:wharfrat, no problem on the rifle & mags. Did you know that rifle you were shooting actually had a happy switch on it.

You didn't tell him before hand? He will be kicking himself for months for missing out on a mag dump!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:22 PM EDT
Yeah, I found out about half way thru the class. When I first discovered it, for a split second, I thought I broke your saftey. Went to flip onto fire and the switch kept going. That's when I realized. Cool. Thanks again. I can't wait for another class.
Top Top