Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2004 1:17:41 PM EST
Cool!!

www.texasalmanac.com/

Get a copy from Sam's Club. It was about seven bucks cheaper than ordering it.

<­BR>This message brought to you by a guy that loves, and misses, Texas.......and wants to move back there SOMEDAY!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 2:29:48 PM EST
I remember going to the Lubbock Sam's club when I was living in NM 15 years ago... I think it was the nearest one.

What part of NM are you located?
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 2:36:27 PM EST
I am in Artesia, approx 70 miles west, or north, from TX.

If you know where Roswell and Carlsbad are, I am right in the middle of the two. Right on the highyway(285) connecting them. This is a great town, lived here for 22 years. With a 3 year spell in the middle of those 22 years in Sonora, TX, south of San Angelo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 3:07:19 PM EST
I used to live in Hobbs my senior year in High School. I was on the swim team.
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 6:47:34 AM EST
Now that is a coincidence McGrubbs. As it turns out I have spent some time in Artesia myself thanks to my uncle and I was born in Sonora and grew up three. We may know so of the same people.
Dave McDonald
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 11:26:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By DaveMcDonald:
Now that is a coincidence McGrubbs. As it turns out I have spent some time in Artesia myself thanks to my uncle and I was born in Sonora and grew up three. We may know so of the same people.
Dave McDonald

That is funny....

I lived in Sonora from Dec. 1991 thru August 1994.

Artesia-1979 to 1991, 1994-present.
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 1:29:18 PM EST
I lived in Belen, NM but wised up and went to Johnson county, TX in 1994. Now I am a Texian and am to old to remember where NM is.

T for Texas and than there are the others
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 4:51:58 AM EST
I was at Ft Bragg at the end of 91 then went to Germany until the end of 94
Dave
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 7:41:50 AM EST
Not to interrupt the conversation but I got a copy of Texas Almanac at the Sams in Plano. Just the mere suggestion of a really good resouce for all things Texan sent me right there to pick up one and a copy of Band of Brothers for my DVD library. Sams price on BofB is better than anywhere else.

Now if I could stay out of jail long enough to see the whole thing!
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 1:36:36 PM EST
just dropping in to say hey to the folks out in the boonies. im a midland native
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 1:58:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By MDC85:
just dropping in to say hey to the folks out in the boonies. im a midland native

Midland is a nice place. I have a brother living there. Though he doesn't do much to add to the niceness.....

Monty
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 2:01:55 PM EST
I've lived in Midland a couple years, its a nice place. Amazing how it grew even though some oil companies moved away...
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 5:03:53 PM EST
I have a cousin that is a Det and SWAT member with Midland PD. I guess you could say that he helps keep it a nice place.
Dave
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 3:37:51 PM EST
Well I live in Andrews here!! Just north of midland
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 6:27:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By matthelimech:
Well I live in Andrews here!! Just north of midland

Been to Andrews MANY times. Usually going thru, that is.....

Nice town, it seems!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:01:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Energizer:
I've lived in Midland a couple years, its a nice place. Amazing how it grew even though some oil companies moved away...

Midland, eh, Energizer? I'm in Lubbock (7+ years now, originally from Corpus area). Don't seem to be too many of us from West Texas and/or Panhandle on these boards....
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:41:33 PM EST
damn, alot of hometown folks around.....too bad tinleg doesnt post anymore it seems

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:05:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By wise_jake:

Originally Posted By Energizer:

Midland, eh, Energizer? I'm in Lubbock (7+ years now, originally from Corpus area). Don't seem to be too many of us from West Texas and/or Panhandle on these boards....

I don't live there anymore... I have lived in Lubbock a couple years too... I now live in the DFW area.
Top Top