Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 5:43:33 PM EDT
Just purchased three new lowers and parts kits.  That will make a total of four, one for each of my boys.  Assuming that a new AWB occurs, is there a way that I can put the guns, or any of my guns, in the kids names so that there will be no problems with them "inheriting" them later in life?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question. However I don't think there is anyway they(the gov) could prove who's they were origonally without having some kind of regristration first. Which means they would probably want some kind of gun registration law passed.

ETA- sorry I'm not duke
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet he's going to go with a Trust.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You bet I'm going with a trust or that Duke will recommend one?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that's what Duke will recommend.  I have heard other people talk about how to ensure their children will get property.

I'm no Duke_Nukem so I would wait for his "smart" answer.

I would assume that you can also do essentially the same thing in your will.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
If we put our guns in trust accounts because of a ban on transfers to our own children, then we don't deserve to own those firearms.  As I said in the other thread, the point at which armed resistance becomes a necessity is the point at which future resistance becomes impossible.  If we're considering setting up trust accounts to "own" our guns in the event of a blanket transfer freeze, we really should just donate those guns to some people who have the balls to do what needs to be done with them at that point in time.

This may not be the lawyerly answer you were looking for, but in my opinion it IS the smart answer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
FTF transactions are perfectly legal. Why not just write each of them a bill of sale.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If we put our guns in trust accounts because of a ban on transfers to our own children, then we don't deserve to own those firearms.  As I said in the other thread, the point at which armed resistance becomes a necessity is the point at which future resistance becomes impossible.  If we're considering setting up trust accounts to "own" our guns in the event of a blanket transfer freeze, we really should just donate those guns to some people who have the balls to do what needs to be done with them at that point in time.

This may not be the lawyerly answer you were looking for, but in my opinion it IS the smart answer.

+1
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tell us how you really feel....    
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe what duke said also, but getting enough people with nuts in the country will be hard to do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:33:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Before I read Duke's reply, I was wondering how a trust would protect guns in the event of a ban.  Seemed kind of like a moot point to me.  That would be like writing up a will so that your kids will end up with your house to protect it from an IRS tax seizure.  Ain't gonna happen....  Wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on.  Not a lawyer, just my $.02

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top