Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
MidwayUSA $10 off

$10 off a $175 order, good today only.

Hell no. Dammit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]

did you ever get signed up for the Eblast notices?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I think you're just doing this to torment me
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're just doing this to torment me

Ah...........well, yeah man

hell I didn't think to post up the other notices I got from midway last week, but they were just for sales, no discounts.

say man, you got one of those C&R licenses don't you?

if so, what's the requirements, cost per year on them and if you got one, does the G come and inspect your house or anything like that?

I looked into them way back when, but I've since forgot a lot of what I read when I was younger.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
C&R are $30/3 years.  You have to keep a bound book of your C&R purchases/sales and the ATF can look at your book.  However you can do the meeting at the ATF office instead of your house.

I've had mine 2 years but just setup my dealers account at Midway, man did I screw-up waiting so long I could pay for the liscense for the next 20 years on a couple items.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
C&R are $30/3 years.  You have to keep a bound book of your C&R purchases/sales and the ATF can look at your book.  However you can do the meeting at the ATF office instead of your house.

I've had mine 2 years but just setup my dealers account at Midway, man did I screw-up waiting so long I could pay for the liscense for the next 20 years on a couple items.

I know you have to keep a log book on firearms you purchase and can't buy for, then sell them to people,

but do you just have to record firearm purchases, or do you have to record ammo and components etc also?,

just wondering, I'm not interested in any of these foriegn C&R elibigle rifles, but I buy a lot of reloading stuff when I find a good or even half decent deal, and if midway is gonna give a discount for having a C&R, then I'm interested in one, just as long as I don't have to keep a record of it.

ETA: I'm not parinoid or nothing, but I get lazy and don't the G coming in and saying "hey ND, we checked with midway and you've ordered a bunch of components, but we don't see anything logged in your book"
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The "Bound Book" or log, is only needed for firearms purchased with the C&R License, if you didn't use the license when you bought it, you don't need to record it.  As an example, Brigadoons has a lot of surplus rifles, if you have a license and buy it from them without using the license, you don't have to record it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:50:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you have to keep a log book on firearms you purchase and can't buy for, then sell them to people,

but do you just have to record firearm purchases, or do you have to record ammo and components etc also?,

just wondering, I'm not interested in any of these foriegn C&R elibigle rifles, but I buy a lot of reloading stuff when I find a good or even half decent deal, and if midway is gonna give a discount for having a C&R, then I'm interested in one, just as long as I don't have to keep a record of it.

ETA: I'm not parinoid or nothing, but I get lazy and don't the G coming in and saying "hey ND, we checked with midway and you've ordered a bunch of components, but we don't see anything logged in your book"

Mine paid for itself the first order that I did through brownells. Saved around $40 on a new set of nightsights.
Yeah the BATFE can inspect your bound book at any time. Doesnt seem to be a big issue(you never know when dealing with the .gov though).
You can buy the old guns, and sell them to "better or change your collection". I have bought and sold a few. An example is when I bought a 3fer of the Yugo 24/47 mausers. I was only gonna keep the best and unload the other two. Nothing wrong with that.

You never know on the old stuff. The CZ82s are C&R now. Less than 2 bills to your door. Cant beat a deal like that. The Romanian Toks are C&R now too. Looks like I'll be buying some 7.62x25. Century has it for $64 for an 800 round can(for dealers).
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The "Bound Book" or log, is only needed for firearms purchased with the C&R License, if you didn't use the license when you bought it, you don't need to record it.  As an example, Brigadoons has a lot of surplus rifles, if you have a license and buy it from them without using the license, you don't have to record it.

I'd be careful with this. Some people tell you this, and others say that any gun purchased while you have the C&R must be logged. I remember looking into it and it kinda depended on how you read it. You know how it is, gotta leave it open enough so we can use it against you. Thats the way the .gov rolls man
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
alright, well thanks for the info,

I can remember why I didn't get one now, I was torn then, and kinda now, except the deals/savings seem to be greater now, especially since everything is gonna make a huge price increase january first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top