Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:14:54 PM EDT
I'm interested in seeing the craftsmanship.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Cav, I know you have a pic, lets see it!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Hey CavVet...bringing your Ferret50 to LCR?

I sure hope so. I sent my bolt off to Dave at Ferret a couple weeks ago. He said he had to finish a run before he can do the upgrade to the bolt. We still have 30 days till the big shoot.

I picked up some more ammo today at the funshow, so I am all ready, its out of my hands now.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they good folks to work with?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hey CavVet...bringing your Ferret50 to LCR?

I sure hope so. I sent my bolt off to Dave at Ferret a couple weeks ago. He said he had to finish a run before he can do the upgrade to the bolt. We still have 30 days till the big shoot.

I picked up some more ammo today at the funshow, so I am all ready, its out of my hands now.

hometown.aol.com/mac349/images/stdb-fingers%20crossed.jpg

Ouch!  Where is this guy located?   Is he taking care of you or at least letting you know what's going on with it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Actually I dont. I have taken it to the range twice and it never worked (The early models had an issue with the bolt hitting hard primers right). I was kinda bummed and never took any pics.

Ferret was good at saying it was under full warranty and to send it to him and he would upgrade it for free and ship it back. Hopefully we can take some good shots at the LCR.

She looks real nice sexy with the Nightforce sitting on top of her. Wood material for sure.

Photo from Google....I think mine has the same barrel (I have a 36").

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are they good folks to work with?

Yeah. Even though I bought it used, he told me the rifle has alifetime warranty and he would do the upgrade work for free.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where is this guy located?  

Florida

Ferret 50

I know I keep saying I am going to bring it and it only came to the mini shoot at GF, but I hate guns that dont work. I tried to do the hammer spring upgrade alone and hoped that would work. It didnt. This should be the end of all FTF problems, or so everyone at biggerhammers 50 board seem to say.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet.  I'm thinking about buying one, but I want to test drive yours first.  Is this Ferret Place any good?  I hope so.  I might use them if I ever have problems with mine.  How is their turn-around time?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sweet.  I'm thinking about buying one, but I want to test drive yours first.  Is this Ferret Place any good?  I hope so.  I might use them if I ever have problems with mine.  How is their turn-around time?

I did alot of reading before I bought it, I didnt find the part about the early FTF problems though.

Everyone at Biggerhammers 50 board seems to think pretty highly of him, and his products.

The nice thing about an upper is its not a firearm, you can buy direct and ship direct. The nice thing about his is its not a screw in its a bolt action.  And the chambered round is not sitting right next to your brain heaven forbid there would be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Call him up and let him know you got guys waiting to see it............

I talked to him after I shipped it to make sure he got it ($500 just for the bolt- postal insured), he said he had, and he was finishing a run, as soon as it was odne he would get her done and out.

You cant rush perfection.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1

If he knows a few potential sales could result from the expidetious return of your rifle.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Cav ya finally stepped up to the big boys huh?!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If he knows a few potential sales could result from the expidetious return of your rifle.....

I remember you guys buggin me at the last shoot.

Now, honestly, would you rather I rush him and it stil not work, or leave him alone and when it does come back we all get to take a turn on her???

Besides, if it doesnt get back for this shoot, we will have another one in January.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

grumpy, I have had this a little while, it just never worked right. When I first took her out it took me 52 cycles of the bolt to make it go bang.

BUT......I guess from me not runnin in the 50 circles (since none of you guys got one yet), I didnt know the very first ones had a bolt design problem. Just my luck, I had bought one of those. Hell she looks like the first owner never fired her.

Once I found out something was wrong, I went digging. There are a few modifications to the lower (heavy trigger springs) that help reduce this problem. After doing that, it did indeed reduce the cycles to make bang, but it still wasnt right.

Then I went to the horses mouth, and now we are cooking with grease.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

grumpy, I have had this a little while, it just never worked right. When I first took her out it took me 52 cycles of the bolt to make it go bang.

BUT......I guess from me not runnin in the 50 circles (since none of you guys got one yet), I didnt know the very first ones had a bolt design problem. Just my luck, I had bought one of those. Hell she looks like the first owner never fired her.

Once I found out something was wrong, I went digging. There are a few modifications to the lower (heavy trigger springs) that help reduce this problem. After doing that, it did indeed reduce the cycles to make bang, but it still wasnt right.

Then I went to the horses mouth, and now we are cooking with grease.

I have had no dealings with a ferret so I would'nt have been much help to you! Glad to hear you picked one up, it will be worth the wait! So your going to take that to a shoot huh? which one? every shoot that I have gone to with you guys does'nt have the distance...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So your going to take that to a shoot huh? which one? every shoot that I have gone to with you guys does'nt have the distance...

The big LCR shoot down in Pacific county. We have enough room to shoot it down there, hell there was one down there last time.

But of course, you, Mr. Antisocial, leaves town and doesnt say hi, bye, or kiss my ass never came to any of our camp-N-shoots.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]
What the hell are you talking about I have been to 1 LCR and a couple of misc. shoots... I even offered to let you shoot one of my scpoed rifles @ LCR as a matter of fact!!!

As far as leaving without saying anything  I am guilty of that
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What the hell are you talking about I have been to 1 LCR and a couple of misc. shoots... I even offered to let you shoot one of my scpoed rifles @ LCR as a matter of fact!!!

I stand corrected.....I just wish I remembered it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stand corrected.....I just wish I remembered it.

www.markstivers.com/cartoons/Stivers%2010-18-02%20I'm%20sorry%20you%20feel%20guilty%20.gif

ahh come on your not that old are you?

You have a pic for every ocassion don't you...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Huh?

You Google have a pic for every ocassion don't you...

FIXT!

Yes, Google does indeed have pics for every occasion.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I dont. I have taken it to the range twice and it never worked (The early models had an issue with the bolt hitting hard primers right). I was kinda bummed and never took any pics.

Ferret was good at saying it was under full warranty and to send it to him and he would upgrade it for free and ship it back. Hopefully we can take some good shots at the LCR.

She looks real nice sexy with the Nightforce sitting on top of her. Wood material for sure. hoto
www.defentech.8m.com/Ferret50_A.jpg

OOOOOOOOh man I want to shoot thathock.gif
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

richardmcguire.com/travel/asia/indiabw/old-man.jpg

You Google have a pic for every ocassion don't you...

FIXT!

Yes, Google does indeed have pics for every occasion.

Now theres a hottie
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Gotta wonder why he waited so long?

Actually between work, life and other interests, the actual time between acquisition and now isnt that bad. Getting the lower and building it up to use as a .50 lower, then taking it out to the first FTF exercise, then getting parts to try and fix it, then firing it again.and then now.......

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#28]
So CavVet owns a Frisky Ferret....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So CavVet owns a Frisky Ferret....

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Dont forget these:

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Hay CavVet were is this shoot going to be at?
My be I could come over with my 50's.

I have more then enough ammo to bring. Oh yah I have added to the pile.

If not would be cool to take you to our 1000 yard range in Richland.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hay CavVet were is this shoot going to be at?

My be I could come over with my 50's.

If not would be cool to take you to our 1000 yard range in Richland.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd rather go to a 1000yd range than LCR
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'd rather go to a 1000yd range than LCR

[imbroglio]Less ATF hanging around...[/imbroglio]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top