Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:05:36 AM EDT
Yes mov'n to cali.
What to say? I must leave my rifle in anothers hands.
It is a sad day for me as I dreamed of having this rifle for years. Now I have it, Now I don't.
I must say I feal naked without it nearby and know the criminals are laughing at my exposed flesh.
This sucks, amybe one day I can have her by my side again?

One castrated prdatr1
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:12:30 AM EDT
Are you military and getting stationed here? If so, there is a chance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:43:53 AM EDT
Where in CA? If you move close to the NV border, you can leave it there.. at least it's closer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:59:15 AM EDT
Accidently bring it. OOps dId i SaY tHaT?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:06:52 PM EDT
bring everything but the lower and get a pinned lower or find a friend out here that has a few lowers/rifles who will let you use it when you go shooting. IIRC only 10% of the Assault weapons in the state were registered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:39:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By prdatr1:
Yes mov'n to cali.
What to say? I must leave my rifle in anothers hands.
It is a sad day for me as I dreamed of having this rifle for years. Now I have it, Now I don't.
I must say I feal naked without it nearby and know the criminals are laughing at my exposed flesh.

Why would they be laughing? Those guns are illegal, so criminals can't have them either
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:10:31 PM EDT
buy a bunch of older s&w revolvers and any other new pistols that we can't buy here. sell them and make enough money to buy an fal or m1a.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:40:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By occaar:
buy a bunch of older s&w revolvers and any other new pistols that we can't buy here. sell them and make enough money to buy an fal or m1a.

This really is a good idea. Find a list of handguns not approved here, bring them in, and you'll have a small monopoly on new versions of those guns.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:20:11 AM EDT
I truly feel for law-abiding gun owners moving here.

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:47:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 9:48:10 AM EDT by uglygun]
Bring older S&W N-frames specifically and you could make a mint after doing the private party transfer on them.

Collectible handguns in Ca. have become pretty scarce due the fact that gun dealers can't take the older guns that might reside out of state onto their books and resell them in state.

Think about all the current S&W discontinued handguns that are not on the list and cannot technically be sold by a dealer because the models are not approved, the only way the guns are sold and transfered in the state is by private party transfer.

You'll see things like a 29-2 in like new condition going for around 300-350 dollars on Gunbroker but here in California the same exact gun will cost 500+ dollars. I've been fortunate with a couple decent finds over the past 2-3 years but there is a premium on the guns here in Ca.

I just saw a used and relatively worn 25-2 go for 500 bucks at a local shop, no box or anything like that. Same gun might have gone for 300 tops in another state.

I'm still looking for a nice condition 29-2 with 6 inch barrel, 25-5 with 4 inch barrel, 24-3 with 6 1/2 inch barrel, and both a Pre-24 1950 Target Model in 45ACP and 44Spl.

I've driven up to 200 miles to pick up N-frames, have left my name with several shops around the area and they call me when they get in certain models they know I'm looking for.

If you have some funds available, spend 1200-1500 to buy like 5-6 nicer condition old N-frames and bring them with you. Mark them up 150-200 dollars depending on how relatively rare they are in the state and have enough to buy something like a Springfield M1A National Match.

What part of California are you moving to?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:43:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:57:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:

Get an M1A in .308 and you'll not forget that mouse gun. Once you go .308 you never go back.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Weapons/UnarmedinCalifornia.jpg

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:09:01 PM EDT

umm if you did that wouldn't you be engaged in the firearms business and need an FFL?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:12:08 AM EDT
Just a quick side question

Is it legal to transport our rifles/shot guns with ammo on the buttstock holder like that in Paul's picture?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
My all time favorite quote

"Once you go mini you never go black"
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:00:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunsmithdude:

Is it legal to transport our rifles/shot guns with ammo on the buttstock holder like that in Paul's picture?

Last I checked it was illegal in California to transport any firearm with ammo attached to it in any manner
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Barrelburner:

umm if you did that wouldn't you be engaged in the firearms business and need an FFL?

No.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:13:24 PM EDT

Last I checked it was illegal in California to transport any firearm with ammo attached to it in any manner

It's smarter to do it that way, but not legally required for non AW long guns. From the DOJ website:

...nonconcealable firearms must be unloaded while they are being transported.

Does not specify for long guns that the ammo cannot be carried like shown in Paul's picture. Now, if it was a loaded magzine in a buttstock holder one might be crossing the line.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:59:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pthfndr:

It's smarter to do it that way, but not legally required for non AW long guns. From the DOJ website:

...nonconcealable firearms must be unloaded while they are being transported.

Does not specify for long guns that the ammo cannot be carried like shown in Paul's picture. Now, if it was a loaded magzine in a buttstock holder one might be crossing the line.

From the California Penal Code:

12031. (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm when
he or she carries a loaded firearm on his or her person or in a
vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an
incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in a
prohibited area of unincorporated territory.

<<deleted>>

(g) A firearm shall be deemed to be loaded for the purposes of
this section when there is an unexpended cartridge or shell,
consisting of a case that holds a charge of powder and a bullet or
shot, in, or attached in any manner to, the firearm, including, but
not limited to, in the firing chamber, magazine, or clip thereof
attached to the firearm; except that a muzzle-loader firearm shall be
deemed to be loaded when it is capped or primed and has a powder
charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinder.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:08:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 10:10:28 PM EDT by TKoProductions]
aren't setups, like what Paul has on his M1A generally reserved for bolt rifles? and not semi-auto magazine fed rifles? shouldn't there be a magazine pouch there instead? seems kinda conspicous, especially with the molycoated bullets.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:51:47 PM EDT
What makes you think that anybody that Paul doesn't want to see it are going to get close enough to see they are moly-coated?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:48:48 AM EDT
When are you coming?

Call CALDOJ now, tell them that you're coming and want to bring in an AW. Get them to send you the forms, if you talk to one of the stooges and they tell you "no", ask for a supervisor. According to a friend that's an FFL, he says that you can bring it with you. You'll need to fill out the forms before you get here or else a Cal AW FFL must hold it until the forms are done/approved.

If you're coming to SoCal and need an FFL let me know, he's a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:19:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TKoProductions:
aren't setups, like what Paul has on his M1A generally reserved for bolt rifles? and not semi-auto magazine fed rifles? shouldn't there be a magazine pouch there instead? seems kinda conspicous, especially with the molycoated bullets.

The rounds held on the cheek rest is of minor importance in my mind, the primary thing that is nice about that cheek rest is that the material is about as soft as Dolly Parton's booby.

If that's an Eagle cheek rest it is NICE, feels great against the face just like resting your head on a booby. Got one on my 300WinMag and every bolt action from here on out will wear one as well, gonna put one on my 50BMG soon as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:35:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By uglygun:
The rounds held on the cheek rest is of minor importance in my mind, the primary thing that is nice about that cheek rest is that the material is about as soft as Dolly Parton's booby.

If that's an Eagle cheek rest it is NICE, feels great against the face just like resting your head on a booby. Got one on my 300WinMag and every bolt action from here on out will wear one as well, gonna put one on my 50BMG soon as well.

Sweet. I didn't know that.

But I knew there had to be a reason for it, other than cosmetics. Paul's too smart of a guy.

Top Top