Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:05:42 PM EDT
I have a new collapsible stock I want to install on my M16-A1. Is there anyone with the tools and experience that is willing to help me with the swap?  I was told to just kind of sit on the lower and wrench of the swaged coller on the tube. This doesn't sound right and I would rather do this with someone who  has done it.  If I am making too big of a deal here then let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
well, pick up an AR-15 multi-tool the one that has the cut in it to to take that nut off. it makes switching SOO much easier than a  wrench, I sratched the shit out of mine using a wrench. If not I'll be glad to help if I can.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I will be at the Lauderdale show and will look for a multi tool.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If you buy it from a dealer who has an AR there, ask him and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to show you how to use it. If not I can let you use mine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
It may have to be. the show was cancelled. I will have to order one if I plan on doing this a few times. Any recomendations on which tool to buy. I hear the Bush master is good.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
They're all basically the same, but the one you want will have a semi- round part and will have a little nipple sticking out. I ordered mine from cheaper than dirt, it's made by DPMS, but all in all they're all the same. The only thing  I can stress for you to watch is the buffer retainer and retainer spring, as well as the pin detent spring and detent. They can be lost easily. The buffer retainer and spring is located underneath the round part in which the tube screw into. the pin detent spring and detent is under the thing that slides forward in front of the tightening ring. sorry if it sounds more complicated than it really is, i'm more of a hands on guy.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Joe,

Thanks. I am getting one this week and I found some links on how to do it. I will watch that spring.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
no prob
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
AR9mm, I'm in Ft.Lauderdale & have a tel-stock wrench. I'd be more than happy to help you do the "surgery" if you want a set of hands around that have done it before. Drop me an IM if you want to get together.

echo6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top