Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 10:20:24 AM EDT
Hey guys, about 4-5 years ago I dropped off a BIG bucket of .223 brass with Nikki at River Valley out in St Charles.  I also gave her 4K primers, and at the time she said it would be about a month to get them all resized and 4K of them primed.  Well, that obviously didn't happen.  And about once every other month since then I've been trying to call, occassionally sending emails.  I've driven by the shop a few times and peeked through the windows, but there's never anybody around.  

I've seen a few people post that they casually know her, and have some contact with her.  My problem is it's a 2+ hour round trip for me there and back so I can drop by every day, but I would REALLY love to get all that stuff back.  Can anybody here help me?  I'd be happy to give you a 20lbs of brass finders fee, or even some primers.  I'm just out of ideas short of calling the Attorney General or St Charles Police, and would like to avoid that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some 300 brass from them about 8 months ago. I called up and left a message asking if I could local pickup since I work about 20 min away. It took about a month to get a date setup to pick it up. I show up on the day and had to wait while it was finished. The whole shop is in disarray. She needs some serious help. She seemed very nice and was working pretty steady during the hour or so I was there. There were boxes and buckets of brass everywhere.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys, about 4-5 years ago I dropped off a BIG bucket of .223 brass with Nikki at River Valley out in St Charles.  I also gave her 4K primers, and at the time she said it would be about a month to get them all resized and 4K of them primed.  Well, that obviously didn't happen.  And about once every other month since then I've been trying to call, occassionally sending emails.  I've driven by the shop a few times and peeked through the windows, but there's never anybody around.  

I've seen a few people post that they casually know her, and have some contact with her.  My problem is it's a 2+ hour round trip for me there and back so I can drop by every day, but I would REALLY love to get all that stuff back.  Can anybody here help me?  I'd be happy to give you a 20lbs of brass finders fee, or even some primers.  I'm just out of ideas short of calling the Attorney General or St Charles Police, and would like to avoid that.

Wow.... you waited 4-5 years to deal with this. GTFO of here.

Anyways its a civil matter not a criminal matter. Not to mention even if it was a criminal matter the statute of limitations would have expired 3-4 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.... you waited 4-5 years to deal with this. GTFO of here.

Anyways its a civil matter not a criminal matter. Not to mention even if it was a criminal matter the statute of limitations would have expired 3-4 years ago.

GTFO because I've been extremely patient with someone who's husband passed and left her a business she's not able to handle adequately?  Yea that makes sense, I'm the bad guy

A quick Google shows probably hundreds of annoyed customers around the country, I guarantee the Attorney General would take action if notified ... but like I said, I'm hoping not to make things more difficult for Nikki, just trying to get resolution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top