Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2005 3:33:50 PM EDT
Got ripped off by Don Ross (screen names hellboy/Don R).  Details in the following link:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=310744  <--edit to make the link hot  - TRG

Anyone know this guy or had dealings with him?  I'm calling the Wise county Sheriff tomorrow to see if they can help.

Thanks,

Guy
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh oh...he strikes again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
This guy again, WTF is his problem.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Waiting for Legs to show up...
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Another very good reason why I NEVER do gun deals unless they are face to face.

Anyone have any background on this guy?  I swear I've heard the name several times in a negative context.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember the original can of worms he created.  I was amazed at the shit storm that ensued after my first trip to the farm a couple years back.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Got ripped off by Don Ross (screen names hellboy/Don R).  Details in the following link:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=310744

Anyone know this guy or had dealings with him?  I'm calling the Wise county Sheriff tomorrow to see if they can help.

Thanks,

Guy

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=310744

Thanks,

Guy

The Sheriif's office probably has his number on speed dial.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember the original can of worms he created.  I was amazed at the shit storm that ensued after my first trip to the farm a couple years back.  

Yeah no shit....

I'm so glad I didn't give him money for a trigger group at the Hun Farm that year....damn near did though..

10 bucks says it woulda blown up in your hands
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am very sorry that this piece of shit has not died from a drunken stuper yet.
The sheriff threatened him the last time he tried to steal a gun/money from a buyer.
Wonder what he will say to him this time.
Last time DonR said he had a stroke and that is why he was a thief.
What will be his problem now?

Fucken white trash loser.

I thought he was just a lonely guy, ilikelegs?

I would have at least threatened to kick his ass for the stunt he pulled with you in the parking lot.  (Don "played" like he was going to shoot ilikelegs - with a real pistol in his hands)

If he didn't redirect the muzzle immediately and give a heartfelt apology, then the ass-kicking would commence.  Yes - even in front of Kelly and the kids.

After I heard of that, I asked that they not contact me again.

Pity - they were really personable folks and I liked them a lot.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
DonR is such a skinny runt loser, if I had grabbed his arm hard, it would have broke.
Seeing him have the shakes after he did that with me calling his bluff was enough satisfaction for me at the time.

Just pointing out that you were compassionate.

I have a mental image of you grinning with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth - ala Hun Farm pistolas pic.

You are holding a freshly ripped of arm in each hand.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes loaded and at my gut with his wife and kids in the car.
This was what I get for trying to help the loser out by buying AK parts and ammo from him.
When he met me to buy the parts, he got out of his car and thought he could scare me by
pointing the gun at my gut and said " I ought to shoot you right now for all the trouble you caused me".

I told him to take his best shot and do it quickly.  Told him ETH was across the street video taping us and
that TxLewis has him in his cross hairs.

He started saying, where are they? I don't see them.

Then realized I was joking and got the shakes after that.

He put his gun on his passenger seat...I picked it up and dropped the mag out and saw it was loaded.

He was just joking around, but had his wife and kids not been there in the car,
I would have done things a lot differently.

Haven't spoken to the piece of shit since then and do not plan too.

what "trouble" did he think you caused him?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Got a hold of the Wise County Sheriff (Sheriff Walker, no less) today.  He was very helpful.  He sent an investigator out to Don Ross' house to see if he could get some action-didn't hear back from him by the time I left work.

By chance (?) I got the following email today:

"Sorry for the delay.  I have your guns ready to ship to you.  My father is in the hospital, and not expected to come out, and the family has been spending most of our time there.  I'll try to get them sent out today or tomorrow."

I have heard this I'll ship today or tomorrow thing about 20 times now.  We'll see...............
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#22]
do not believe him.  He will say anything to keep you and the law at bay.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Dang I don't know this guy, but it is almost getting to the point that when you join ARF you should have to sign a waiver that you have been warned about this guy

For the record wife/kids or whatever... anyone pulls a weapon on me will be dropped with the quickness.  He was lucky he isnt 6 feet under.  He got someone who was much more forgiving than anyone I know would have been.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Gotta remember that this was between friends.

Can't expect anybody to react to a friend like a stranger.  JMO
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Gotta remember that this was between friends.

Can't expect anybody to react to a friend like a stranger.  JMO

Sorry it read to me that the guy was pissed at ilikelegs and was acting hostile. IMHO he was a very nice guy (ILL that is)
Needless to say I think most people can do without "friends" who point loaded weapons at them

Guy293- Keep at it with the popo...seems like they helped someone else here get a deal done a few months back.  Good Luck
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#26]
it's kind of funny how every email someone has posted in the times he's screwed people he says something about how either he is dying, sick, or someone he knows is dying.  How this guy is still alive or not in jail is a mystery to me.  He'll probably piss off the wrong guy next time, then the world will be a better place.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
DonR...bad juju, that guy.  His wife's pure trash, and although I've never met or seen him, I'm sure he is, too.  What comes around goes around, and I'm sure he's going to get it tenfold when that time comes.  Not that he leads any kind of great life now, but still.

Yeah he's trash and got the fucked up grill to prove it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah no shit....

I'm so glad I didn't give him money for a trigger group at the Hun Farm that year....damn near did though..

10 bucks says it woulda blown up in your hands

You're probably right.

Oh, and by the way.....

Where the fuck you been boy?

POPO school
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
DonR...bad juju, that guy.  His wife's pure trash, and although I've never met or seen him, I'm sure he is, too.  What comes around goes around, and I'm sure he's going to get it tenfold when that time comes.  Not that he leads any kind of great life now, but still.

Yeah he's trash and got the fucked up grill to prove it.

I'm sure he is.  Anyone that would marry her is out of their fricking mind.  I went to high school with her, and back then she was one of the scummiest people in the school.  I can't imagine what she's like now.

Prime example of why some should not procreate
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#34]
so-- what is the status of this DonR issue?

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Haven't heard from Don since his email about how he was ready to ship them but his father was dying in the hospital.   Sent another email but no response from him.  Probably another personal or family crisis keeping him from both responding to me and shipping my guns

Talked with the Sheriff again-evidently both of Don's phones numbers I had aren't working.  He said he had an investigator assigned to the case to try to locate Don.  I'm guessing this isn't his highest priority case, but things aren't moving very fast.

Guess I'm going to go ahead and file a small claims court claim against him-If the sheriff doesn't locate him I'll hire a private investigator to look him up and serve him.

I'm really, really, really tired of Don Ross.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#37]
technically, he stole firearms from you, therefore, call the ATFE/FBI and see if you have a criminal case... plus taking funds across state lines makes it a federal offense too.... did you use the postal service too? :D
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Any Update???
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I found a couple of new phone numbers he might be using and sent them to the sheriff.  Got an email from the investigator handling the case on Wednesday-he was going to email me today some time with an update and I hadn't heard anything by the time I left work.

Sent Don another couple of emails since his told me that his dad was in the hosptial dying for the 10th time-I get return receipts that he read them but no responses.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Any new updates?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I got an email today from Don asking how much of a refund would "make things fair".  I contacted the Sheriff's department and they did indeed get in touch with Don and told him he had until the end of this week to "make things right".

Don wanted to refund my money via paypal, but that seems too easy to dispute, cancel, etc.  I asked for a postal money order and he sent me an email tonight that he sent payment today via priority mail.

Hopefully I will get my money back, but I won't hold my breath until the check arrives and clears my bank.

I'll post when it arrives and if every goes well.  Thanks for all the help and advice to everyone on this site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Borrowing Peter to pay Paul kinda thing.

More like stealing from Peter to pay Paul. Wanna bet he puts hot checks in the collection plate-if he goes to church?
Jim
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#46]
It's amazing how quickly he seems to come up with money when the sheriff gives him a ring.  After all, he was broke from losing his job due to the stroke he had, then spending all that time with his dying father in the hospital, then waiting for his disability check to arrive, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Got a postal money order in the mail today-looks legit, so I'll deposit it and see.  Looks like the saga is over thanks to the Wise County sheriff's office.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad to hear you got your money back. It sucks that it damn near took prosecution for him to do the right thing.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:44:02 AM EDT
[#49]
with all the complaints, I wonder if there is a law where he could face charges for selling the same item to multiple people at the same time, never intending to deliver...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top