Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:39:01 PM EDT
Sign the petition, and send a message to the greedy morans who think supporting illegal aliens is ok!

www.bankofamericaboycott.com/
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not only did I sign but last week I called and closed my Account. I am having or trying to have my Mortgage removed from them but that is hard since I do not directly pay it to them.

My credit cards to Bank America is gone and trust me I had one with a $20,000 limit which had a pretty low APR on it. My wife's credit card is gone also.

Now Wells Fargo is another on to stay away from..My FFL had a deal with them. You get 6 months to pay off a bill with out interest..Once they found out he sold Guns they dropped him..They DO NOT support Gun ownership...
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sign the petition, and send a message to the greedy morans who think supporting illegal aliens is ok!

www.bankofamericaboycott.com/

Boycotting B of A won't do shit. You'll have to boycott the thousands of companies that cater to them too. I am already tired of filling out petitions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
you know what i signed and cancelled. if it doesn't work well at least i tried.f*** the aliens worthless pos any ways
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the downfalls of capitalism.  Make money any way you can, even if that means selling out your own country.  The banks see a huge untapped stream of revenue from our undocumented "guests".  Hell, soon they'll be giving out mortgages for all those homes that can't sell.........no wait, I think they do that already.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
How dare a bank allow people who work shitty jobs and break laws* to have a way of using money!

*aka large beuracratic olympic hurdle of paperwork and payouts. We all love to make payouts and shiffle papers to beuracrats, right guys?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Just another greedy sell out Company catering to the illegal invaders. Very sad.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess what credit card the Dept of Defense uses....yep, Bank of America.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would they do this?  Just so they can say that their debt is higher and file for .GOV subsidies?

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Maby we all ought to get accounts without SSN# or any other traceable indentification....think of the money one could "hide" or "lanuder".
Ironically if you walk into a bank to open an account they will not do so without positive proof of identification including a social security number....not to mention that most banks run a credit check and banking history.
Hell, it's all about corperate greed...how much money would you like to invest with a 21% or better return? It's tough to find anyone paying better than 6% for saveings or CD's.
I don't understand how BoA is getting away with this. Must be diffrent "Know your customer" rules for CC's vs conventional acccounts.
Well have to see if it's as easy as getting a Swiss or Bahamian account, or at least as secure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]
The thing that bothers me, and set me straight if wrong, is what happens when these accounts default?

The scenario I see is that these accounts are run up to the max, and then the account holder skips out. So at the end of the day the honest folks who pay their bill absorb the banks loss.......am I missing something? I realize that many legal folks default as well.....but I would think it would be a WHOLE lot easier for someone who is in the country illegally to do so and not get caught......probably even set up another account w/o to much difficulty?

RG  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How dare a bank allow people who work shitty jobs and break laws* to have a way of using money!

*aka large beuracratic olympic hurdle of paperwork and payouts. We all love to make payouts and shiffle papers to beuracrats, right guys?

I guess you don't have a problem with National Security issues, do you? My concern with this corporate greed is the total disregard of the fact that illegal invaders deserve nothing! This program might foster identity theft, money laundering and terrorism.

But what the hell, let's give them free SSI while were at it since that have "shitty jobs".

Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the representation of illegal aliens in the general population.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/02/more_americans_killed_by_illeg.php
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Signed the petition

F**k 'em !!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you don't have a problem with National Security issues, do you? My concern with this corporate greed is the total disregard of the fact that illegal invaders deserve nothing! This program might foster identity theft, money laundering and terrorism.

But what the hell, let's give them free SSI while were at it since that have "shitty jobs".

Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the representation of illegal aliens in the general population.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/02/more_americans_killed_by_illeg.php

Any research group that has "family" or "children" in the name I take with a lump of salt the size of Lot's wife. As for the faked SSN's, perhaps if we changed immigration rules so that people wishing to live in the US can actually do it in a process that doesn't take forever and require your own paper-pusher to work it out would mitigate that market for faked SSN's. Then the "omg, terrerists" concern: You think forcing a bank to not work with people who lack certain papers is going to stem a money flow? For a drug that's been illegal, coke sure is making money move, both in the street and off my paycheck when the government uses its taxes to fund a pitiful drug war to hell (Which also factors into illegal immigration: if drug cabals fed by the US-spawned black market of drugs are hurling informant's heads into public places and telling people to shutup, would you want to stay there where the cops wont help you and your life can end in seconds? If there is a so-called crime wave being perpitrated by illegals, framed in the view of the 20's and 30's Prohibition and the beer-baron mobs that ripped up the streets, its our damn fault for letting such idiotic drug-laws to pass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Any research group that has "family" or "children" in the name I take with a lump of salt the size of Lot's wife.

Agreed - beware of rhetorical devices including family, children, "this-and-that bill of rights", "patriot whatever", etc. A group, study or policy using those words demand skepticism precisely because they try to be disarming.

That said, it doesn't mean the message that more Americans are killed here at home by foreign invaders than die in Iraq is wrong. Are islamic nutjobs coming over? Maybe. See here and here. If the Feds would follow the law (Article IV Section 4 springs to mind. Someone should show Gonzales and Bush that part.) we would probably be in much better shape.

height=8
Quoted:
As for the faked SSN's, perhaps if we changed immigration rules so that people wishing to live in the US can actually do it in a process that doesn't take forever and require your own paper-pusher to work it out would mitigate that market for faked SSN's. Then the "omg, terrerists" concern: You think forcing a bank to not work with people who lack certain papers is going to stem a money flow? For a drug that's been illegal, coke sure is making money move, both in the street and off my paycheck when the government uses its taxes to fund a pitiful drug war to hell (Which also factors into illegal immigration: if drug cabals fed by the US-spawned black market of drugs are hurling informant's heads into public places and telling people to shutup, would you want to stay there where the cops wont help you and your life can end in seconds? If there is a so-called crime wave being perpitrated by illegals, framed in the view of the 20's and 30's Prohibition and the beer-baron mobs that ripped up the streets, its our damn fault for letting such idiotic drug-laws to pass.

Our federal and state governments have enabled illegal immigration, but that doesn't mean businesses have to belly up and cater to them. Maybe if enough Americans boycott businesses that cater to illegals, the companies will feel the pinch and change their policy. That's not realistically going to happen....

Illegal aliens are breaking the law by virtue of being here. Are banks and other companies that do business with them breaking the law, too? It would seem they must be. Remind me to send a thank-you card to DoJ Chief Gonzales for all the great work he and his crew are doing enforcing the law...hinking.gif

Immigration procedures suck -- it takes way too long to get into this country legally. Again, our government is screwing it up: the foreign doctors, lawyers and other educated individuals have to wait years to come here legally, but the poverty-stricken and criminal element of Central America are free to come on over anytime.

Who gets the shaft? We do.

It kinda reminds you of gun control, doesn't it? Criminals get a pass, law-abiding people get the shaft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top