Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:58:41 PM EDT
Looking for a front sight base for a pencil barrel. Its for a colt sporter lightwieght, preferably without bayo lug, but I'll take anything at this point. I have been searching for 3 hours online, no luck. If anyone knows of a source I would really appreciate it. The very few FSB's I have run across are for standard or bull barrels.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:01:47 PM EDT
Give Bushmaster a call. They sould be able to help you sence they have a lightweight barrel with the same profile as a Colt lightweight barrel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:04:17 PM EDT
According to their catalog, they do not sell sight bases separately.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:19:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By saturnstyl:
Looking for a front sight base for a pencil barrel. Its for a colt sporter lightwieght, preferably without bayo lug, but I'll take anything at this point. I have been searching for 3 hours online, no luck. If anyone knows of a source I would really appreciate it. The very few FSB's I have run across are for standard or bull barrels.

You might want to try posting a WTB ad in the Want to Buy - AR related forum.

Want to buy - AR related

Having said that, the chances that you will get an FSB that will align correctly and not be canted are slim. I've never had much luck replacing pinned FSB's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:45:44 PM EDT
To whomever it was that IM'ed me yesterday, sorry I forgot your name and my box got emptied
I measured the barrel and its a .625" sight base.
Top Top