Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2007 6:54:05 PM EDT
I'm going to be in the Mankato area for the next couple weeks and I'm looking for gun stores around there worth visiting.

I can't pull up any of the previous threads on this subject. As soon as I have a few phone numbers I will let my fingers do the walking!

Thanks.

D_N
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Give Ahlmans a try, About 40 minutes east of Mankato on HWY. 60
www.ahlmans.com

They've thousands of rifles and shotguns, couple dozen handguns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
They all suck. Self declared firearm experts.

Asked Red Bear Eporium how much for BM lower and he immediately jumps on the "BM Sucks" bandwagon and spend 5 minutes trying to sell me a DPMS lower. Freaking tard.

There is a gun shop in St. Peter which is a front for the owners gun show business. He spends more working hours at gun shows than at his damn store. Way over priced and gives the "this gun will knock down a house" speach. Freaking tard.

Give me a shout. I live north of Mankato but south of Kasota. Beers in the fridge.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Asked Red Bear Eporium how much for BM lower and he immediately jumps on the "BM Sucks" bandwagon and spend 5 minutes trying to sell me a DPMS lower. Freaking tard.

There is a gun shop in St. Peter which is a front for the owners gun show business. He spends more working hours at gun shows than at his damn store. Way over priced and gives the "this gun will knock down a house" speach. Freaking tard.

Give me a shout. I live north of Mankato but south of Kasota. Beers in the fridge.

, I agree 100% with this!
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Asked Red Bear Emporium how much for BM lower and he immediately jumps on the "BM Sucks" bandwagon and spend 5 minutes trying to sell me a DPMS lower. Freaking tard.

I tried to deal with him once and got the same line of b.s. ended up ordering my blackgun online and saved abunch.
Scheel's gets alot of my business only because I get gift cards through work for my safety points.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
There is an older guy that sells out of his house, I use him as my FFL. He is a pretty good old guy that I think has gun powder running through his veins and just looking for some good homes for his guns.

Bob Graham
507-388-2205
He lives up around the MSU campus.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Go see Milan at Hart Bros in Albert Lea,  you aren't that far away and it is a nice drive, here is his website:
http://www.hart-bros.com/

If you go to Ahlmans (it is worth the trip) then stop at Cabelas it is just down the highway a bit.  Might as well do them all.

And if you are there this weekend come on up to the Weapons Collectors show in the Education Building on the State Fair Grounds and say Hi.. It is a nice show, we have a good time and there are some deals to be had from time to time..  I will be the guy with the Switch Barrel AR with the 4 Barrels that goes into something slightly larger than a breif case sitting on his table...

DonT
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for Tangochaser.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 for DangerousNinja
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahlman's in Morristown has a good selection of black rifles to include .308 models.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I still like scheel's for a big shop now.  They to have pretty competitive prices.  I  still head there for ammo cheaper than gander or cabela's or SW.  They also have  a great selection of nice guns too.  But they are what they are.  Over all I like them and have had no problems.  Great store for me in mankato.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#14]
New Ulm isnt all that far from mankato, and they have a new gunshop along with a small hardware store that sometimes has an AK or thompson in stock. I'll get the name of the new gunshop in New Ulm as soon as i can, all i know is that its by the Cashwise, my dad said they had a few black rifles and some "older looking ones like your mosin" (edit: found the website for that place: www.huntersdengunshop.com/ )

otherwise if you want to make the trip to Hutchinson (quite a ways from Mankato) theres Little Crow shooting sports or as the sign on the store says "Gun Shop"

Lots of good people there, and lately alot of ARs. I passed once on a $750 SP1 near mint :( i didn't know any better.

I am/was on the board for a private range near Winthrop which is nearly dead center between New Ulm and Hutchinson. Let me know if you're ever up this way.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I stopped by this store. All fudd guns except for a Bushmaster bullpup he wanted $1150 IIRC.

I asked if he had any 7.62x39 ammo and he said no. It was a lame store.

Thanks for supper TANGOCHASER!

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
New Ulm isnt all that far from mankato, and they have a new gunshop along with a small hardware store that sometimes has an AK or thompson in stock. I'll get the name of the new gunshop in New Ulm as soon as i can, all i know is that its by the Cashwise, my dad said they had a few black rifles and some "older looking ones like your mosin" (edit: found the website for that place: www.huntersdengunshop.com/ )

otherwise if you want to make the trip to Hutchinson (quite a ways from Mankato) theres Little Crow shooting sports or as the sign on the store says "Gun Shop"

Lots of good people there, and lately alot of ARs. I passed once on a $750 SP1 near mint :( i didn't know any better.

I am/was on the board for a private range near Winthrop which is nearly dead center between New Ulm and Hutchinson. Let me know if you're ever up this way.

he moved from a rural store around Springfield, MN. My dad did his concealed permit class there and I went out to see what they had while he was there.  A few ars but nothing great. Some wolf but nothing great. just to small of a store to carry anthing good at any good price.  He has been around for awhile now.

Im going to mankato this weekend for a buddies b-day. I usualyl check out gander(high priced crap) and scheels. The pawn shops are all overrated crap also that Ive seen. Not a gun town I guess
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Give Ahlmans a try, About 40 minutes east of Mankato on HWY. 60
www.ahlmans.com

They've thousands of rifles and shotguns, couple dozen handguns.

that place looks pretty impressive
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Ahlman's advertises 3000 guns but 2800 of them are shotguns. I do send them gunsmithing business I can't do myself.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I still like scheel's for a big shop now.  They to have pretty competitive prices.  I  still head there for ammo cheaper than gander or cabela's or SW.  They also have  a great selection of nice guns too.  But they are what they are.  Over all I like them and have had no problems.  Great store for me in mankato.

I agree.  Was there last spring and they had a dillon 550 in box for 299.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top