Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:49:20 AM EDT
I've sold my 24" Speedmaster and I'm looking for a replacement.

It'll be used for foxing, some Highpower and some informal PR type shooting.

The Speedmaster was too long and heavy so I'm looking for a shorter tube with a moderator,  H-Bar profile, flat top receiver and fixed stock.

I want to do away with the high rail which didnt help my head position but I found the left hand cocking handle very useful from a bipod, do any other uppers other than the SGC have this option?

How much barrel do I really need for distances up to 600?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Richard

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've sold my 24" Speedmaster and I'm looking for a replacement.

It'll be used for foxing, some Highpower and some informal PR type shooting.

The Speedmaster was too long and heavy so I'm looking for a shorter tube with a moderator,  H-Bar profile, flat top receiver and fixed stock.

I want to do away with the high rail which didnt help my head position but I found the left hand cocking handle very useful from a bipod, do any other uppers other than the SGC have this option?
Cactus arms and DPMS do left side cockers, but right siders can be VERY quick to operate, and do open your options up
How much barrel do I really need for distances up to 600? depends how well you want to do at 600. My 14.5" M4 will knock over the ETRs at 600, and keep in the black at 600. A 20" will do the same with less windage. If you want to shoot HP in service rifle class you will need something that has a standard profile, so that means 20"

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Richard

[forest gump] and thats all i have to say on that matter [/forest gump]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry that wasnt very clear, the Speedmaster has a flip out cocking handle on the left in addition to a roller handle on the right and the standard T bar, obviously the left hand lever is a benefit off a bipod.

Its not a left hand rifle I'm looking for

Richard
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You could go for a SGC lo-pro upper with an 18" barrel as a good compromise. Throw in a free floating fore-end so you can use the bipod without messing up your zero and you'll be good to go... IM Matt and I'm sure he'll sort you out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top