Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 3:34:35 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm just looking for some suggestions for a drop leg holster for my P226.  I have tried the 6004 and love it but I have since purchased a Surefire 6V weapon light for it and, for weight's sake, would rather not get the 6004 that accommodates this combination.  I need a holster that can accommodate my pistol with the Surefire light rail attached. Are there any options, nylon or kydex, that rival the 6004's stability?  I know Eagle makes one but I don't know if it will fit my setup and haven't heard any reviews.

I saw this on a google search:

Seal Action Gear 4.0

Apperently this company contracts out to Eagle Industries.  It's nice because it can be form fit for your weapon.  What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Two words: Safariland 6004.  I know you distinctly said that you were not into them but once you get used to operating the retaining hood, which does take a LOT of practice it's one of the best drop leg rigs, IMHO.  I own one for my CZ 75 (which works with the Beretta 92 one).

Does the rig really need to accomodate the light mounted while holstered?  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Other than the 6004, I've heard many good things about the Eagle Industries G-Code low mount thigh rig.  It comes in the P226 flavor.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Two words: Safariland 6004.  I know you distinctly said that you were not into them but once you get used to operating the retaining hood, which does take a LOT of practice it's one of the best drop leg rigs, IMHO.  

I have used the 6004 with the P226 alone and I love the rig.  It's just that they don't make a holster that will accept my pistol with the Surefire light rail w/out the light attached.

Quoted:Does the rig really need to accomodate the light mounted while holstered?

I don't want a holster for the gun light combo but I do want it to be able to accommodate the weapon with the Surefire rail so that the light can me deployed quickly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else have any input?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Checkout the Blackhawk Serpa thigh holsters.  The might be able to accomodate you.  I usually run the 6004 for work and play, but the Serpa's are quickly becoming my go to setup.

VSP
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone else have any input?

I've got one of these with two mag pouches attached to the outside. I love it. I use it for my SigP229R with a light.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
George,

I have a 6004 that was made for my 5" government 1911.  I recently purchased a Springfield TRP Operator with full light rail.  I mention this because I wanted to dedicate this holster to my TRP as Safariland doesn't make the 6004 for this particular gun.

I took a "heat shrink gun" and heated the outside of the holster to the point where I could mould the holster with my fingers.  While it was still hot I slid the gun in the holster, shaped it a little and let the holster cool with the gun still in it.  The TRP fits like a glove.  

Just my .02
MadDog

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
If not a 6004 the G-code would be my only other acceptable choice.
That is for a working rig that would be subject to hard use not pretty boy range time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top