Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:17:59 AM EST
Hello, I am just joining after buying my first black rifle a SGC V22 which is a going to be a bit of a project, and then buy mid year I shall be buying a .223 upper for it.
I look forward to talking with you and racking your brains for info
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:30:30 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:49:24 AM EST
Welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:11:08 PM EST
Thank you gents
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:51:56 PM EST
Hi and Welcome. That's just how I started out getting into AR's...and my V22 is still my most used rifle..
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:03:51 PM EST
Hi Icarus thanks for the welcome, I might need to pick your brains with reference the forend as I would like to change it to a quad rail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:45:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pux:
Hi Icarus thanks for the welcome, I might need to pick your brains with reference the forend as I would like to change it to a quad rail.

You may well find that the V22 still comes with a non standard barrel nut. Did you get the ordinary one or the 'military' one? Easy to change though, and most quality handguards/float tubes come with their own barrel nut. Quad rails are popular for their 'tacticool' appearance, but are not nice to hold, and only really necessary if you want to bolt loads of junk all over it. Think carefully before you commit your hard earned...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:33:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By IcarusY625:

You may well find that the V22 still comes with a non standard barrel nut. Did you get the ordinary one or the 'military' one? Easy to change though, and most quality handguards/float tubes come with their own barrel nut. Quad rails are popular for their 'tacticool' appearance, but are not nice to hold, and only really necessary if you want to bolt loads of junk all over it. Think carefully before you commit your hard earned...

Good advice IMO...

Quad rails seem popular - I have one on my BAR22 by default.. It looks OK but [for me] serves no real purpose and only feels comfortable after adding rail covers!!! (More clutter )

I much prefer the tubular fore-end (I have a JP modular on my .223) as they are way more comfy, lighter and generally less cumbersome.

I've heard talk, from experienced shooters, that quad-rails help with barrel cooling - I'm no expert but not too sure if that matters on a straight-pull (maybe would on a semi?) since mine doesn't seem to get overly hot even when I've hammered it.

Personal choice is the main thing, but it is easy to waste money!! let us know how you get on
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:46:40 PM EST

It has the normal V22 forend I.e a basic tube, the only reason I want to change is so I can fit a down grip and my torch! Cheers for the help
Top Top