Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 7:36:55 AM EDT
Hey N&S Caroliners!

My brother said that he found a great deal on lead (wheel weights) and that he could get 10 five gallon buckets of WW's for 150 bucks for me.

WHAT??!!?? No way i says to him, too expensive!!

He said the person who had the buckets of WW's told him that in NC, he is paid to recycle his WW's and that he got .02 cents a pound for them after packaging them up in smaller boxes.

In GA it is 100% the opposite, there is a hazmat fee to dispose of lead WW's

Is my brothers 'friend' correct or is he trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
haven't scrounged for wheel weights for about 5 years, but it pays to visit the various tire shops.  Some are more than happy to give them to you for free, one shop in RTP charged me$5 for 20 lbs or so, i bought some cause I was low on lead at the time.  Another thing to do is when you take your car in for new tires or service, ask them if they have any wheel weights they want to dispose of.   i've found, again based on 5 years ago, you can get as much as you want for nuthin'
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Geez...seems that WWs are a hazard.

Linkylinky
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I recycle 'em into cannon balls!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top