Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:32:25 AM EDT
Hi guys and Gals.

Just wanted to introduce myself here in the hometown forum. My name is Jo, and have been lurking for a little while trying to get the feel of the site. I moved here from NY a few years ago. Seems like a nice place, but kinda harsh on newcomers. I'm just starting to get into guns and stuff, so this looks like the place to be if I want to learm some more.

Jo
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Welcome aboard!

If you're starting into shooting and you've come here, it's too late.  You've been infected!  This site can be addictive.  You will have a growing urge to acquire more guns and your concept of how much ammo is "enough" will change drastically.

Most guys here are really cool.  There are a few cynics and people looking for an argument, but they're mostly in GD.  Don't take anything personally.  

Discussions tend to stay much more friendly here in the Hometown Forums.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Howdy Jo.
Welcome. Lots of friendly folks in the NC crew. What part of NC do you live in?
I heard that the moderator of the NC forum was working on another meet N eat, be sure to check back and get in on it. Last time we nearly froze to death and a good time was had by all!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Welcome to the Red States
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Gee, thanks for the warm welcome guys. Right now I'm in the Winston-Salem area, it's a nice area but  I'm just so used to the larger urban lifestyle. One of the guys I used to work with is a gun nut and told me about this place so I decided to take a look. He was also the one that  got me interested in guns. I was almost in shock when I learned that the laws here so much more different here than they are where I used to live.

Jo
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Winston. If you want to get up send me an IM
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome  I'm not far from you, in Walkertown.  You should try to make the shoot on the 18th.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=34&t=223499
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was almost in shock when I learned that the laws here so much more different here than they are where I used to live.

Jo

Different good or different bad?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Simian1 Be very careful around the jmzd4. Usually he is heavily sedated and kept under guard.

there are some around here that would compare me to the Gimp in the movie "Pulp Fiction."

pay no attention to them, but if you want to learn how to burn down a range then I am your man
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I don't know if I want to burn anything down. I'm not much of a pyromaniac. The laws here seem so much more lax than where I'm from. Most people I know are so scared of guns. And I must admit I'm still a little aprehensive around them
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#14]
RUN, RUN FAST DON'T LOOK BACK.  This place caused my credit cards to turn into bare sheets of plastic. I now get personalized Christmas cards from the people at ATK. Once you get BRD there is no cure.  You have found the "Crack" equivilant in sports. Welcome and enjoy! It's one of the nicest crowds going here. Just don't forget, the "New Guy" brings the ammo.  Don't say we didn't warn you. As for jmzd4 he's fine. (As long as you're comfortable with well armed people of questionable backgrounds...)

F3

One Last thing, don't forget to bring your SPF 300 sun screen if you go shooting with u352, he runs out every so often and it's NOT a pretty sight.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#15]
welcome i am down in thomasville.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
RUN, RUN FAST DON'T LOOK BACK.  This place caused my credit cards to turn into bare sheets of plastic. I now get personalized Christmas cards from the people at ATK. Once you get BRD there is no cure.  You have found the "Crack" equivilant in sports. Welcome and enjoy! It's one of the nicest crowds going here. Just don't forget, the "New Guy" brings the ammo.  Don't say we didn't warn you. As for jmzd4 he's fine. (As long as you're comfortable with well armed people of questionable backgrounds...)

F3

One Last thing, don't forget to bring your SPF 300 sun screen if you go shooting with u352, he runs out every so often and it's NOT a pretty sight.

Hey I have no skeletons in my closet bub......my background is clean and spotless, otherwise they would have never let me out of the hole with the monkeys.

But F-cubed is right, this place will put you into debt if you don't have the cash to burn
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#17]

But F-cubed is right, this place will put you into debt if you don't have the cash to burn

Yeah, sure! This coming from a guy who only claims to have 12 mags of ammo on hand! LOL!

Welcome to the group Jo! Don't waste your time trying to arrange a shoot with jmzd4. I've been trying to arrange a shooting outing with this "internet giant" for a few weeks now. He's as elusive as ol' Bigfoot. Claims he's got no ammo, and few firearms when asked...WTF!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the hive.We are BORG.
As for jmzd4...
I'll have to stand up for him.I've shot with him a few times.Never burned down anything.
My only complaint was that gawd awful muzzle break he had on that AR.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the neighborhood jo
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
as you can obviously see jo, we are just abunch of good ol' boys. he
welcome the the club.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Welcome to the nut house

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Welcome to the Site
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Jo, I think it's only right that I publicly retract what I said about Jmzd4. Maybe it took me saying what I did to get him to motivated, but anyhow, I had the honor of shooting with both him and 9sigman45.  It was an enjoyable outing, even if a little short-lived. I will say that I was just a little bit hesitant to shake the monkey-spanker's hand, but he explained what it (the monkey-spanker reference) really meant well enough that I no longer felt the overwhelming need to scrub my hands with lye soap. Give him a holler sometime and maybe we'll all get together and burn some mags!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Jo, I think it's only right that I publicly retract what I said about Jmzd4. Maybe it took me saying what I did to get him to motivated, but anyhow, I had the honor of shooting with both him and 9sigman45.  It was an enjoyable outing, even if a little short-lived. I will say that I was just a little bit hesitant to shake the monkey-spanker's hand, but he explained what it (the monkey-spanker reference) really meant well enough that I no longer felt the overwhelming need to scrub my hands with lye soap. Give him a holler sometime and maybe we'll all get together and burn some mags!

That's only because of the "stinky-pinky" he has.
Hopefully he's got enough ammo to go again this weekend?  My wife has to work Sunday so it could become an expensive day for me at the range, especially if I can get the bumping going again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top