Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 11:07:44 PM EDT
I don`t like Kalifornia.  Can I move in to your state?

How gun friendly is it?  If it is gun friendly, does it seem like the friendliness might wear away for some reason?  What about black rifles?

Does it rain a lot (I enjoy the rain)?  Describe the land to me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I don`t like Kalifornia.  Can I move in to your state?

How gun friendly is it?  If it is gun friendly, does it seem like the friendliness might wear away for some reason?  What about black rifles?

Does it rain a lot (I enjoy the rain)?  Describe the land to me.

You sure ask a lot of questions!

Pretty gun friendly - Shall issue + Class III

It could possibly go away if we all don't stay vigilant and VOTE since we do have our share of CA political wannabes. Black rifles are welcome.

Rain? Depends where you are. Willamette Valley ~ 54 inches a year; central OR ~ 7-9 inches a year.

Land - Coast range > Willamette Valley > Cascade mountains > high desert > Steens mountains > ID. What more could I say?

Come visit and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Compared to where you live, Oregon is a haven for gun owners.  As NMSight said, Shall Issue and Class 3HLs

I certainly will not be standing by hoping nothing happens.  Fortunately, BurDICK is up for reelection in November.  With some hardwork and some luck we might not have to worry about her in January.here,
Cheers,
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a gread place for a gun owner.  But, tell me more about the land.  I would like to be in half forest/half city (kinda like Big Bear).  I figured that there are lots of trees there, although a Colorado Springs type landscape would be good, too.

What about jobs, places to shoot, and natural disasters?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like a gread place for a gun owner.  But, tell me more about the land.  I would like to be in half forest/half city (kinda like Big Bear).  I figured that there are lots of trees there, although a Colorado Springs type landscape would be good, too.

What about jobs, places to shoot, and natural disasters?

Bend - enough liberals to make you feel at home , + trees. Not much rain however.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Like California, Oregon has its taxes.  Oregon doesn't have a sales tax, but we have all others.
Oregon
Income Tax: approx. 10% max
Property Tax: approx. $25 - $30/$1000 of value.  (Used to fund schools, police and other local boondogles.)

Tri-Met Payroll Tax: 0.62% for those lucky enough to work in the assessment area, basicly Portland, OR.

Federal: Same
Medicare: Same

Gasoline: $0.24/gal (State) and $0.01 - $0.03/gal in Multnomah and Washington Counties.

Multnomah County Payroll Tax: 1.25%

Oregon Business Tax: 6.6% (May not directly effect an individual, but we pay it indirectly.)
Portland Business Tax: 2.2%

Also, don't forget Oregonians voted the light rail extension in Portland down TWICE and the politicians still put it in.  They sold more debt bonds to cover the $1B costs.  Who pays the bonds off, we do of course.

Oregon is a GREAT place to live, but lower your expectations for the greater Portland area.  Outside of the Portland metro area, Oregon is a very down to earth and gun friendly place.

Before moving here, I'd be sure you have a confirmed job.  Because of the taxing and business policies of this state, the economic recovery is a bit slower than the rest of the country.  We have down timber from the massive Buscuit fire, but they are blocking the recovery.  We have one the largest Intel presences here, but they are hesitant to expand in an unknown economic environment.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Lots of hippies around Portland and Eugene!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Search and replace "hippies" with freaks, freeloaders, liberals, entitlement seekers, etc.

Your choice.

Want to freak out liberals in Portland?  Drive you pickup downtown with a rifle in the gun rack, its perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Bend - enough liberals to make you feel at home , + trees. Not much rain however.

Hey I live in Bend!    (moved from the PRK and not liberal at all)  

Yes, lot's of liberals, but lot's of Forest/outdoor stuff!  Come to Oregon but leave the CA attitude behind!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
move along .... move along....

nuthin to see here...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey I live in Bend!    (moved from the PRK and not liberal at all)  

Yes, lot's of liberals, but lot's of Forest/outdoor stuff!  Come to Oregon but leave the CA attitude behind!

Sorry Echo459 - Just poking fun. I'm not too far from Bend, and there are plenty of liberals here on Crooked River Ranch. too.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the land of SOMEDAY. SOMEDAY we might have a volcano erupt in Orygun like Mt.St. Helens did in Washington. SOMEDAY we might have an earthquake as big as the ones in Kalifornia. SOMEDAY we might have a Tsunami that will make Hillsboro beach front property.SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY.

Bang
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Sorry Echo459 - Just poking fun.

None takin'  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#13]
The northward migration has been halted at the California/Oregon border.   Sorry, have to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This is the land of SOMEDAY. SOMEDAY we might have a volcano erupt in Orygun like Mt.St. Helens did in Washington. SOMEDAY we might have an earthquake as big as the ones in Kalifornia. SOMEDAY we might have a Tsunami that will make Hillsboro beach front property.SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY.

Bang

Right on I live in Hillsboro!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top