Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 2:15:15 AM EST
I currently live on Oahu and will be vacationing with my family on Hawaii... Just thought I would check to see if there are any places I 'have' to check out... Also any good tactical/surplus stores I should check out? Thanks....
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:28:04 PM EST
Hilo Surplus on Mamo street right in downtown hilo is the only surplus store I know of. Decent enough store. Prices are reasonable. I usually try to hit it up when I am in Hilo. Don't bother with any of the gun stores.

If you like good sushi although not exactly authentic "Hayashi's You make the roll" just off Ali'i drive in Kona is the best but it is usually a long wait and the atmosphere sucks so just get it to go. You can't go wrong ordering the Ninja Star roll. Orchid Thai in kona has great thai food and super nice family run resturaunt. Lunch specials are pretty good. Kona brewing co has good food and beer. Service usually kind of sucks and prices are kinda steep. Always busy for lunch and dinner.

If you have a 4x4 the sunset at mauna kea summit is pretty spectacular. But its very cold and kind of a long trip. Weather dependent. I have been up many times but went a few days ago and it was cloudy, couldnt see a damn thing. Usually you are above the clouds shorty after ascending the visitors center. Also.. Lots of tourist busses packed with japanese tourists...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:41:14 AM EST
Bummer. I'm on Oahu at that time. Otherwise I'd invite you and your family up to Ahualoa to meet the alpacas.

Definately visit Puu Kohola near Kawaihae, it's huge and has an awesome history. While there, eat lunch at Cafe Pesto. Then cruise up and see Waimea and Parker Ranch. Get a pic of the wife cupping the statue bull's testicles and post it here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:12:00 PM EST
Thanks for the advice/ tips.... We had a great time and now I can actually say that there is a place in Hawaii I could call home (Honolulu doesn't do it for me!)... My family had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:47:40 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:
Thanks for the advice/ tips.... We had a great time and now I can actually say that there is a place in Hawaii I could call home (Honolulu doesn't do it for me!)... My family had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
View Quote

Well tell us where you went and what you did. What area do you say you can call home and why?
Top Top