Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 3:39:34 PM EDT
Well the details are in and our "convoy" is put together.  The Florida Tampa Region of my church has been assigned to head up to Mississippi this weekend and my specific stake (Fort Myers Stake covering Venice down to Naples) is assigned the task of Keesler Air Force Base.  Our assignment is the helping of Air Force Personnel with whatever they need in addition to the civilian employees of the base.

I will be bringing my camera along (not my camcorder) and will bring many pictures back.  In saying this I do not plan on taking pictures of destruction and other such things as we've seen enough of that and I mean no disrespect to anyone living through this current hard time.  Instead I will be taking pictures of the actual "relief effort" and our own personal assignments.  

Last week I had my shots updated and I'm ready to go.  We leave early Friday morning in our convoy of vans to setup a "Tent City" in Biloxi and will return early next week.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Keesler is fairly much clean, the CE guys had their act together.  But the surrounding areas of Biloxi are torn up pretty good.

Just got back on the 10th from Keesler...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
We're not cleaning up the base.  We're cleaning up the homes of the Air Force Personnel and the Civilian Employee's that have been too busy to fix their own homes and lives ever since the storm struck.  This is a large effort coordinated by my church out of Salt Lake City.  This is more than the normal "church group" lending a helping hand.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck Tom,  watch your six, and take car of yourself.
Contact me if you need anything.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a call late last night that the assignment was cancelled due to Rita.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top