Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2018 2:30:05 AM EDT
Will be staying at the Hilton St. Louis union station.  I was looking up the parking situation earlier and it has valet or self parking. It was "recommended" to do valet on their website. Self parking is right around the corner behind a restaurant.  What do you all think?  Is the valet more secure parking?

Also, what's the uber situation downtown?   Cardinals aren't in town, so any other suggestions for activities?  I'll have two or three nights done there and may have some free time in the evenings.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Will be staying at the Hilton St. Louis union station.  I was looking up the parking situation earlier and it has valet or self parking. It was "recommended" to do valet on their website. Self parking is right around the corner behind a restaurant.  What do you all think?  Is the valet more secure parking?

Also, what's the uber situation downtown?   Cardinals aren't in town, so any other suggestions for activities?  I'll have two or three nights done there and may have some free time in the evenings.
View Quote
Not going to be much help here as I avoid Downtown as much as possible. But, no one else is replying..

I'd drive around and see where the valet parks you or call and ask.  If the same unattended place, its just as unsecured, just someone drives it there for you from the door and goes and gets it...  It does keep you from walking around as much.

I heard the Uber was pretty popular, but I would not use it, never know who you're getting or if you are going to get picked up.

As far as ToDos, The Science Center, then there are a few bars with good food and decent to look at in Soulard, like DBs, Social House and there was another like Jimi's or Tony's or something...
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd definitely make sure your car is in a secured area as much as possible and don't leave anything valuable in it.  I take Uber all the time and highly recommend using it.

DB's and Social House are good for some beers and (.)(.) Broadway Oyster Bar is good for food/beers/live music and Mollys in Soulard usually has a fun patio too depending on the night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top