Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 2:40:32 PM EDT
the wife is forcing me to go to a wedding this weekend, so i will force her to go to as many guns shops, surplus stores, etc. as i can.  however i don't know of any.  leaving nashville and we are staying on lookout mtn, any suggestions?

thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a sportsmans warehouse, although there isnt much for primers or powder...or guns really. One good place is Bentons in Benton, TN. its about 45 minutes from chattanooga. Theres not really a lot around here, ammo dump is a joke, carters is expensive (and they are stupid.) The sportsmans place on hixson pike/153 the guy is grouchy and sells mostly shotguns. Havent been anywhere else.
They have chicamauga battlefield just over the boarder in GA, I heard they have a museum there.
Have fun here!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The museum at the Chickamauga has a really good gun collection as of my last visit.

http://www.nps.gov/chch

The best gunshop is Hero Gear in Winchester, don't know which way you're coming, http://www.hero-gear.com/

There's not a lot of gunshops in Chattanooga, which sucks. There's There's a couple of good ones east, and a a pretty good little gunshop here silversfirearms.com

if you get stuck downtown doing touristy things, your best best to eat is at the big river grille. there's a pretty good walk across the market street bridge for the missus
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#3]
There used to be a good army-navy store but I cant remember the name of the road it is on.  Around east ridge area, S/E of DT

I'm not sure were abouts your going in Chatanooga, but, be aware of your surondings. I guess anyplace you go thats good advice, but, still.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the Riverbend Fesitval will be going on until Saturday night at midnight so downtown will be hellish. I'd stay as far from the river as possible which is a shame to say but it's just bad timing. We do have a suck town for guns and ammo.

The guy on Hixson Pike at Sportsmans in an asshole.

Sportsman's Warehouse is a joke. Go there to buy a camo hat or a new tent.

Darr's in Red Bank will give you black lung if you spend more than 5-minutes in there.

Big Daddy's in South Pittsburg is a decent place and you can get good pizza for a combination gas station/ gun/ outdoor store. Can also pick up some fireworks for the 4th and it is on the way from Nashville.

Benton Shooting Supply used to have a good stock of guns but it's a bit of a drive.

Various pawn shops are hit and miss.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for Hero Gear...worth the short detour from I-24 and your wife will like Winchester.  It is "quaint."
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're coming from the Nashville direction, watch for signs for a gas/gun/restaurant named the 'Outpost'.  It's small, but last time I was in there they had major weaponry!!!  Ammo, Handguns, Rifles, a couple of Shotguns, and one whopping machine gun!  The folks are nice, but they do limit some ammo purchases (and check the prices, they are all over the map).  The store is across the street from a major gas place (can't think of the name) with a McD's attached if you don't want a sit-down.

Regards!

PS - I agree with the previous poster - AVOID downtown this weekend.  It will be nuts
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you're coming from the Nashville direction, watch for signs for a gas/gun/restaurant named the 'Outpost'.  It's small, but last time I was in there they had major weaponry!!!  Ammo, Handguns, Rifles, a couple of Shotguns, and one whopping machine gun!  The folks are nice, but they do limit some ammo purchases (and check the prices, they are all over the map).  The store is across the street from a major gas place (can't think of the name) with a McD's attached if you don't want a sit-down.

Regards!

PS - I agree with the previous poster - AVOID downtown this weekend.  It will be nuts

Its owned by the Barrett's, and its exit 89 I believe

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Darr's in Red Bank will give you black lung if you spend more than 5-minutes in there.

Just curious when was the last time you were at Darr's?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL ...Ya its been out of business for a year and a half! The owner was a nice guy. I bought all my pistols there. I didnt like the other guy too much, seemed like a lazy peice of crap with an attitude, but the owner was a nice guy and I enjoyed doing business with him, he actually cared.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can change my verbs to past tense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top