Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/15/2007 4:30:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 4:33:18 PM EDT by Rustyone]
Well I did a search since I don't come in here much (I don't know why) and I didn't see it.

Does anyone have more information about a gun ban in Hazelwood? Well, not a gun ban, a gun "discharge" ban? It started when Matt Blunt signed some kind of Fudd law opening up land to hunting. It pissed off Hazelwood apparently because they're holding a meeting tonight at the Hazelwood courthouse to ban all gun discharges in the city limits REGARDLESS. I can't get there but here's what I've got from the NRA.

Tonight, Monday, August 13, at 7:30 p.m., the City of Hazelwood is hosting an Open Forum (at City Hall 415 Elm Grove Lane, Hazelwood, 63042-1917) to discuss the impact of a far-reaching ominous proposal that bans the discharge of firearms within city limits, even where it is safe to do so. This proposal effectively strips gun owners of their ability to sport shoot, hunt and defend themselves and their loved ones outside of their homes from a violent attack! That’s right, if this proposal were to pass, even the discharge of a firearm in self-defense outside of your home would be banned in Hazelwood! (CHANGE THE DATE TO TONIGHT)

Please make plans to attend this important Open Forum meeting tonight!

Regardless of the discussion at the Open Forum tonight, the City Council will continue to meet and hold their regularly scheduled council meeting on Wednesday, August 15 at 7:30 p.m. at the Hazelwood City Hall located at 415 Elm Grove Lane, Hazelwood, 63042-1917. At this City Council meeting on Wednesday, the Council will attempt to pass their Anti-Discharge Ordinance. Your attendance is necessary to fight this Ban.

While the direct impact of this measure will first be felt by law-abiding hunters, sport shooters and gun owners living in Hazelwood, the practical effect is that all Missourians, non-resident hunters and sport shooters will be prohibited from hunting and shooting within the city limits. Moreover, every resident, as well as those law-abiding gun owners passing through Hazelwood, would be denied their right to defend themselves and their loved ones – effectively gutting your Right-to-Carry.

However, if you act now, we can stop the City Council before it is too late. Regardless of whether or not you live in Hazelwood, it is crucial that you make plans to attend both the Open Forum tonight, August 13 and the city council meeting on August 15. If you are unable to attend, please contact the city officials listed below and urge them to protect your right to self-defense and your hunting heritage by rejecting any proposal that bans the discharge of firearms!

City Manager
Ed Carlstrom
Phone: (314) 513-5010

Mayor
T.R. Carr
(314) 839-3700 ext. 5009
trcarr@hazelwoodmo.org

www.NRAILA.org
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:30:34 PM EDT
Whats happening is detailed in the thread about the same thing going on in Maryland Heights.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:34:16 PM EDT
Well OK then, slap me and call me stupid, but I'll be damned if I can find a reference to Maryland Heights or Hazelwood anywhere but here in the last 90 day's.

And my question still stands.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:38:19 PM EDT
This thread is the Maryland Heights thread they're talking about. It's on page 3 of the MO Hometown Forum.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:08:36 PM EDT
Hazelwood also has a police chief that stated he would order his officers to seize any handguns they encounter on traffic stops regardless of the law once the CCW law went into effect. Needless to say, people were chomping at the bit to test him and he changed his mind.
Top Top