Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 8:48:01 AM EDT
Don't know if any gun shops are open today, so I figure I post the question here.  I was going to send my rifle to a gunsmith on the mainland for work.  Must it go through an FFL here or can I send it straight to him?  Also when it's returned.

thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
If the service or gunsmith has a current FFL it can be directly mailed  to him. Only one on either side must have a FFL. Since the firearms is already LOGGED in HI coming back , it can be directly shiped to you.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought.  Figured you would reply.  Now, just gotta find a box for it.
Anyone you would recommend.  USPS/FedEx/UPS?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Figured you would reply.
Thanks.

HAHA , Really ..... Cheers

If its a Rifle any type will do.
USPS will not ship Handguns for Non Dealers (only FFLtoFFL).
average shipped for UPS or FedEx is about upper $20.
USPS priority confirmation tends to be alot cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  I knew there was some kind of weird rule about shipping a firearm.  Rifle is going to a board member here for work.  HateCA.  He does awesome re-finishing work and he has his own design Rem 700 bolt mod.  He'll be installing/chambering a barrel and truing the action.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as youre not giving or selling the firearm to the other party out of state, you dont need to mail from an FFL.  Every professional gunsmith has a FFL so sending to a gunsmith for any work shouldnt be a problem unless you encounter a jackass behind the counter when you drop off your gun to ship.  My M1A is going to Smith Enterprise after Christmas for a 18" barrel and professional fitting of my Smith mount to the Sage EBR stock.  I cant wait to get it back and beat up the gong at kokohead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top