Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2006 12:01:02 AM EDT
If I wanted to get an AR (upper and lower separately), am I allowed to purchase a lower (let's say a Stag through FFL transfer) and register that lower by itself first while I save up for an upper?  Also, are you allowed to have more than one upper for one registered lower receiver?  
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#1]
No need to have the upper when you register the lower.  You can have multiple uppers per lower.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Just took 2 of my stag home builds in today to register as fully assembled rifles, earlier registration form had them down as stripped lower receivers and I wanted to get them registered as fully assembled in case the damn awb comes back.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I've been wondering something for a while.  If I only own one lower but I have ten uppers I use with that one lower, do I have to register each of the ten configurations (barrel length etc.) seperately?  If so, each of my ten registrations will have the same make, model and serial number.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
No need to have the upper when you register the lower.  You can have multiple uppers per lower.

I see, and from the next reply I gather it is registered as a lower.  But in the same vein as darealickt's question, do I have to go to the station again with the rifle as a whole to update the registration once I get an upper I like, or is that unnecessary?  
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
No need to.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, sounds good - thank you all for your help!
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]

If so, each of my ten registrations will have the same make, model and serial number

Under federal regulations,
A temperary conversion do not require multiple caliber registrations.
The State does not have this in its regulations, thus fedral guidelines are followed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Are there any restrictions on AR's in Hawaii, aside from the 10-round mag limit?

Is a 14.5" barrel with the 1.5" permanent flash suppressor legal?
Am I allowed to have a telescoping stock?
Am I allowed to have a bayonet lug, or the M4 grenade launcher lug (no M203, though!)?

Is any ammo for the AR restricted?

I have a stock Bushmaster M4 A3 Carbine and over 1,000 rounds of XM193 NATO 5.56mm ammo, and want to make sure it's all legal in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are there any restrictions on AR's in Hawaii, aside from the 10-round mag limit?

Is a 14.5" barrel with the 1.5" permanent flash suppressor legal? yes
Am I allowed to have a telescoping stock? yes
Am I allowed to have a bayonet lug, or the M4 grenade launcher lug (no M203, though!)? yes

Is any ammo for the AR restricted? frangibles

I have a stock Bushmaster M4 A3 Carbine and over 1,000 rounds of XM193 NATO 5.56mm ammo, and want to make sure it's all legal in Hawaii. you're fine.  you receive an A grade for hurricane/tsunami/earthquake preparedness!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Unless you are a dealer, sometimes HPD requires that the entire rifle be present to register it. They enter the barrel length and caliber on the little form, and with out an upper they can't figure it out.  It all depends on who is at the window.  Just stay calm, be patient, and it will get done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top