Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 3:49:31 PM EDT
your impressions?
Not enough staff at the gun counters. Waited 20 minutes to get some help with the ammo behind the counter.... walked out empty handed.

http://www.adventureoutdoors.us/

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:02:59 PM EDT
I had a pretty similar deal. I waited. They showed me 2 guns and then it was almost a case of "Next!"

Very cool store and probably great to visit when everyone else is at work.

Only :( was they lacked good rifle ammo that wasn't for hunting. I was looking for 308 and found 1 kind of 150 grain :/

I'll go back though! It's pretty unique place!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:03:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SonnyStag:
your impressions?
Not enough staff at the gun counters. Waited 20 minutes to get some help with the ammo behind the counter.... walked out empty handed.

http://www.adventureoutdoors.us/
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/sonnystag/IMG_0147.jpg

You can perfume on a pig, but its still a pig. Hopefully CS will get better.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:06:22 PM EDT
Advertise 8,000+ guns in stock. As big as that building is, their pricing is understandable. A lot of over head = higher pricing to cover costs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:12:25 PM EDT
I went there looking for boots––which were dispersed all over the freaking store!––and went home empty. I didn't like it. It's like they opened months before being prepared for it.

Friendly advice to anyone in sales: Learn about what you're selling.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 4:13:52 PM EDT by LaRue556]
Standard Gunstore, Standard Clowns.

New Location...bigger store....bigger clowns.

Good powder selection though... I didn't even bother to look at ammo. Guns were...well...ya'll saw my pictures right?

Edit:

I too...don't get the huge amount of unused space.....

I WILL be listening for more police trade-in G23s.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:47:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LaRue556:

The SAME gun store with a larger overhead. Their prices have got to go up to cover it.

Good powder selection though... I didn't even bother to look at ammo. Guns were...well...ya'll saw my pictures right?

Edit:

I like the guys at the affiliated SPD, alas there's no ammo around the corner.

so why did Adventure Outdoors need a larger location? dunno...

When does the range open? specs? Probably a 25yrd rifle range, given the space, couldn't be more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:49:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By injun-ear:
It's like they opened months before being prepared for it.

Dont know if it was BS or not but one of the managers and I talked for a while a couple of weeks ago when I was there and he said there was some issue with their phones at the original store that pushed them to move in the new place before they planned.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:07:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By swampfox3:
Originally Posted By injun-ear:
It's like they opened months before being prepared for it.

Dont know if it was BS or not but one of the managers and I talked for a while a couple of weeks ago when I was there and he said there was some issue with their phones at the original store that pushed them to move in the new place before they planned.

ha, still fubar, from their website:
"Our new location is now open! However, our phone lines are temporarily out of service. Email all inquiries to sales@advout.com."

sounds like it's good to go over there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:38:38 PM EDT
Dont forget all that unpleasantness with Bloomberg and NY straw purchases................the prices are pretty good on some things, but too high on others, and I am right around the corner from it........

The SAME gun store with a larger overhead. Their prices have got to go up to cover it.

Edit:

I like the guys at the affiliated SPD, alas there's no ammo around the corner.

so why did Adventure Outdoors need a larger location? dunno...

When does the range open? specs? Probably a 25yrd rifle range, given the space, couldn't be more.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:42:02 PM EDT
If they open the pistol range and do comps or at least have decent rates it might be a place for me to hit. So close to work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:47:11 PM EDT
your impressions?

So add to the fact that they are very overpriced, and it's the same as it was before but larger and polished up.. I've never liked the place, and will never return, better stores, better service, better prices, better range, elsewhere. AO does nothing good.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:57:19 PM EDT
I always thought there prices were good. Guess I need mo education ;)

Maybe things changed? 4 years so I thought they were the cheapest
Top Top