Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 7:11:52 AM EDT
How was is ? I have not been there in a couple of years. I have been debating going back to do some longer range shooting with my bolt guns.

Whats the range like  ? Is the "only 3 rounds loaded in your gun" sign still up ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Been a few months, but yes.  Still a mess despite the best efforts of the park folks, still the same restrictions, still the same fudpuckers you'd expect to see with the same disregard to the rest of us.

Distances up to 200yds.

But, things could have changed since the last time I'd been there......

It's a shame RE: the situation up there, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

I drive 3hrs to shoot in PA behind my parents house. Cleaner, better distance, more hospitable to us and less so to the fudpuckers...if they'd even consider driving back the 1mi of very rough dirt. (no, it's not an actual range, just family owned land)
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
was up there last week.... same rules.. of course no one follows them... the dirt piles are twice as tall now
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I drive 3hrs to shoot in PA behind my parents house.

Where at in PA? My family's farm is in Bedford County, a few miles across the Mason-Dixon, above
Flintstone (on I-68 on the way to Cumberland).

We could probably have a shoot up there one weekend, and I can't imagine that my parents or uncle
would mind as long as we policed up after ourselves.

And the neighbors could care less abt gunfire as long as we don't shoot one of their cows!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The sign is still up, and if the ranger is there and counts four shots, its an automatic $125.00 fine.

So I go to Westlance Arms range and pay the $10.00 range fee, for NRA members.

StagPower

Quoted:
How was is ? I have not been there in a couple of years. I have been debating going back to do some longer range shooting with my bolt guns.

Whats the range like  ? Is the "only 3 rounds loaded in your gun" sign still up ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where at in PA? My family's farm is in Bedford County, a few miles across the Mason-Dixon, above

We could probably have a shoot up there one weekend, and I can't imagine that my parents or uncle

And the neighbors could care less abt gunfire as long as we don't shoot one of their cows!

My parents live in PA too. York County (Red Lion) . Unfortunately there is not really enough land to get away with shooting anything other then airguns on their property
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Figure 3/4 hour more up 99 past Bedford PA, up RT36, few back roads....home.  Shooting cows just means it's beef for dinner
I shoot back here: terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=12&Z=17&X=859&Y=5639&W=3&qs=%7cCherry+Tree%7cPA%7c

Abandoned farm & fields/ rarely used gas well road, 4wd recommended.  I can get over 400yds if I use the road as a backstop or just a hair over 600 if I use the woods and am careful. There's a cutout "hole"  that can be used for pistols and short ranges, but usually so filled with trash and critters....kinda like sleepy creek.
But, no one goes back there during the weekend, no one shoots there except hunting season, kinda nice place to hide out for a few hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top