Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 2:32:02 PM EDT
Just wondering what people have tried and who to stay away from. We are going tonight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got back. Had Aussies which were pretty good. The spicy sauce was fairly hot.  Ribs were very tender.  Also Bourbon Q. Ribs weren't as good, but sauce was fantastic. Don't know which kind because it was already slathered on there. And stop in at Great Basin and get a tall Icky.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Went Friday night.  The one next to the Chicago ribs (From Texas, can't remember the name), the Bourbon Q and the Texas Thunder were all very good.

The Bourbon Q had the best sauce IMHO.  I bought a bottle of what they said they put on there, just ask the woman working the stand, she was very helpful.  About $5 - $6 a bottle for sauce there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
i went Thursday night and tried a few places.....Armadillo WIlly's on the west end had the best fall off the bone meat that I tried.  The others had to be chewed off.  I plan to go again on Monday afternoon for the closeout specials I have been told are rampant then.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
1st I've heard of it.   Is it north or south?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1st I've heard of it.   Is it north or south?

North.....in Reno

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I stopped by famous daves and the aussies. They were both very good.

The aussie corn bread was awesome
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Went back again today.  Checkered pig was excellent. Their hot sauce was top notch. Not too spicy though.  Then to Rasta Joes. Best tender ribs I had all weekend.  Sauce was very good too. I liked the Island Flame the best. Probably head back tomorrow for the third day in a row!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ate at Butchs. Not impressed, they were pretty dry. Sauce was good but the ribs were sub par
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Went on Saturday and just got back tonight...will probably go tomorrow as well.  I don't see the thrill of Bone Daddy's.  Their line is the longest by far, and I didn't understand why.  I thought Razorback's or Carson City BBQ had better ribs and better sauce but YMMV.  Kinder's had some good ribs as well.
I don't normally dig much 80's rock, but Asia was pretty cool.  That Palmer guy was recommended by a guy at work and one of his drum solos rocked.

One of the only bad parts is because of Anheuser-Busch's clout, you have to walk your ass all the way down Victorian to get some beer from Great Basin (if I'm paying ~$5-$7 per beer, it better damn well be GOOD beer).
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Parking is a BITCH. I might go tomorrow when everything is cheap (before closing).

I'll park in the railyard and walk over.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#12]
its a complete ripoff
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
its a complete ripoff

You're a ripoff
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got back for the third time and it is still a mad house down there. Great people watching though.  By the way here are this year's results...

People’s Choice Bone Daddy’s

Best Sauce Johnson’s BBQ

Ribs

5th Chicago

4th BJ’s (Nevada BBQ Company, local!)

3rd Rasta Joe’s

2nd Kinder’s (with a local outlet!)

1st Bone Daddy’s

I gotta say Bone Daddy's is worth the wait! IMHO
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
its a complete ripoff

You're a ripoff

I was going to offer my 220 at a smoking deal....perhaps Ill rethink the price.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Hell yes!!!  I hit up the cookoff last Friday afternoon.  Lines were less than 5 mins long and I had some of the best grub!  Bone daddys was the way to go for sure!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
We tried to go down to bone daddys but right as we got in line they ran out of ribs:(
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
its a complete ripoff

You're a ripoff

Your smokin if you think I want a 220. 45 is much too manly for me
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
its a complete ripoff

You're a ripoff

I'll take that smoking deal
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
its a complete ripoff

You're a ripoff

Now, now.

Don't be hatin' on the 220.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top