Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 8:18:39 PM EDT
Just want to know what their experience is with that company.  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just want to know what their experience is with that company.  

Great if they have the merchandise.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have.  It's a good company, but I recommend calling first on their 1-800 number, to check availability first, if time is a factor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the Call First.  Good dude, but BACKORDER is his middle name a lot of the time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've tried twice via the web.  After waiting 3-4 weeks i found that everything in my order was backordered.  ONe time i had called ,cancelled part of my order and told them to send the rest after a couple of weeks found out that one of the items they told me was in stock really wasn't and just cancelled my entire order.

He has a lot of good stuff LISTED on his web site..however I won't be ordering from them anytime soon..if at all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#5]
hinking.gif Like the rest of you I'm in the same situation.

I ordered some mag pouches and it took them like 4 days to tell me that they didn't have the pouches in stock. I ordered on the web. When they told me that it was not in stock I asked them when they would have it. They gave me a generic answer. They said that they wouls ship my pouches as they come in stock. Then they shipped half my order so I decided to ask them again when the rest of the order would be shipped and they gave me the exact same generic answer.

I think this will be the first time, only time, and last time that I order from them. I think that most of this could be avoided if they can list on their website what's in stock and what's on backorder.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe you should post on their Industries site see if they really give a damn about their customers.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=135
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I also posted a thread in the industry link to see if anyone in there has had the same experience and one person said that "They're an outstanding company to deal with" and this is my reply to him.

hinking.gif If that's what you're saying than you must be on of the more fortunate person that has ordered items that they had in stock.

he
hink
Like I was saying before this was the first time, only time, and last time I will ever purchase anything from Light Fighter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had excellent service from Lightfighter.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#9]
They are an excellent company with great customer service.

They have experienced some explosive growth , which almost always causes some things to fall into cracks....calling is a great idea, as they are not as proactive via email as they once were.

I have seen them bend over backward to get product shipped out.

But unless you are deploying next week, you are not gonna magically move to the front of the line.

And because of that unpleasantness overseas, most of what they sell is on backorder TO THEM from the mfg's.

Brad recently remarked that in order to stock every item...in every size and color...from ONE manufacturer.....in one store....would cost him over $250,000

So...no.....everything is NOT in stock all the time
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
+1 on the Call First.  Good dude, but BACKORDER is his middle name a lot of the time.

I ordered a SMP and a belt from them, both ended up being out of stock so a big +1 on the call first and see if they have it in stock(and yah I'm still waiting but I'm not in a big rush for it). I will also agree that it would be nice to see some type of notification of the site about what is or is not in stock. I've got a couple other things that I want to order in a couple months, and I'll still order them from Brad(if he still has the best price on them) but I'll call first next time to verify in or out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They are an excellent company with great customer service.

They have experienced some explosive growth , which almost always causes some things to fall into cracks....calling is a great idea, as they are not as proactive via email as they once were.

I have seen them bend over backward to get product shipped out.

But unless you are deploying next week, you are not gonna magically move to the front of the line.

And because of that unpleasantness overseas, most of what they sell is on backorder TO THEM from the mfg's.

Brad recently remarked that in order to stock every item...in every size and color...from ONE manufacturer.....in one store....would cost him over $250,000

So...no.....everything is NOT in stock all the time

I understand that not everything is going to be in stock all the time but you should at least be able to tell your customer when they should be expecting their order.

I don't want to receive my order a year from when I bought it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think he was spamming, merely looking for some Texas hometown feedback as well as feedback from other areas.  Not all of us read the entire board content, just the hometown forum.....ok ok sometimes the EE  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, here's an idea - he can post his feedback in the feedback forum.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm not trolling. I originally posted in the hometown forum. Then some one had suggested that I post it in the industry forum as well to see what kind of response I get and that was it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#19]
SHIVAN you're one to talk about trolling, spamming, and axe grinding. All you are is just a hypocrite. You're going from one thread to another just looking for something to instigate.

You've already told your exprience and your two cent.

So why don't you move on?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#20]
SHIVAN is it my fault that you're probably a 33 year old wanna be solider that is still living with his mommy and daddy?

It is also not any fault of mine that being a moderator on this site is what gets you through your day knowing that this is the best that you can accomplish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm gonna post a few of my thoughts on this subject.

1. I dont think he is bashing LF, simply pointing out a flaw in their ordering system which can be improved(A simple Not in Stock by items they dont ahve in stock).

2. He paid for something for a tactical class, and did not get it in time (Still havnt gotten half of it).

3. LF responded, with yet another generic answer of (well we cant tell you waht we dont know). See comment #1.

3. I dont think anyone is trolling. He tried point out a flaw in LF's ordering system. And now he's getting bashed, just because he said that about an industries partner?

I am done with this thread, I think he's got a good point about LF needs to take a que from Bravo Company or ADCO in listing an item Out of Order. As I said time and again, the gun industries works in a very technology illiterate area of the internet. And LF should take this simply as constructive criticism, and not anything other than that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Thats just it Shivan,

If you will read, you will see they do not list if the item is in/out of stock...

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've come to realize that we are a society of coddled pricks.

Can I borrow that?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top