Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:28:50 AM EDT
Old Dominion Shows sent me one of their cards advertizing the gun show in Harrisonburg 3/3-4-5/06. I thought I would get out of the house for a while and go. I had to go to Wally World anyway. What a sorry "show" it was. I have more guns in my safes than were in the whole "show". At least they did not have the nerve to charge admission. Old Dominion shows are getting worse and worse every year. I know the Showplace show was on the same weekend but even the same local dealers I usually see weren't there. I do not plan to attend any more OD shows untill they have larger venues.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
 That's a shame, I used to go down there from Winchester in the 1980's and the building was packed on both sides.It used to be one of the biggest shows around. I always make time to go to capital expo shows now. Even the Hugo's shows were good looking back on them now. At least it was someplace to hangout on the weekend...........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the old hugo shows.
+100 on the capitial expo show, I even take off  work for that show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]
   Old Dominion Shows also sent me one of their cards advertizing the gun show in Bealton on April 15-16 and August 12-13.  Their shows in Bealton were cancelled last year when the building they used (Hugo's ) was sold.  I looked at the Old Dominion web site and they did not ahve any information on the Bealton Shows.

Does any one know about these gun shows scheduled for Bealton or is it a printing mistake?  I used  to go to the previous shows in Bealton on a regular basis.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the lack of attending customers/dealers would be the progressive increase of population and white collar jobs.  I mean, 10 years ago, staunton only had about 30 thousand people, and there wasnt ANYTHING here.  But now we are almost reaching 90 thousand, and they keep trying to bring in more white collar jobs.   I am sure that Harrisonbug to lexington, to c'ville are all experiencing the same.   It just sucks that its got a negative effect of the weekend gun shows.  Hell, you can even look at the monster truck/tractor pull shows.   And even the county fairs in the vally are falling victim to lack of people.   Every just wants to stay in and watch a movie these days I guess.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...  I looked at the Old Dominion web site and they did not ahve any information on the Bealton Shows....  

Maybe I’ve got an old link, but I don’t see anything after 2004 on their website.

I've simply given up on them.

This seems to be a somewhat accurate listing of VA gunshows (though it’s missing most of the Expo shows! ):  www.rrpc.org/gunshows.htm
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#6]
The Bealton "new" show is listed in a new location in Bealton. Looks to be much smaller at 160 tables. Don't know about the "white collar job" thing but any major Va. show draws tons of people. Have you ever seen the lines at the Showplace, Roanoke, and Chantilly shows? The Richmond, Roanoke, and Northern Va. areas have more than their share of "white collar" folks and they usually have lots of money to spend. Thats why you see the dealers flock to these venues, theres lots of $$$ to be made. The 25-40 yr. old follks going to these shows don't mind parting with the cash. I think that Old Dominions problem is the small shows they put on with the same old dealers every time keeps folks away. Going to their shows is a lot like going to a large gun shop at times, same stuff at high prices. At least the old Bealton show brought in some different vendors. The reason, to get that Northern Va. money. I know, I spent enough there over the years. I have a friend (vender) in the Richmond area that says he makes more at the Chantilly show than at any 3 shows he does with the exception of the Showplace show. Vendors go where the money is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top