Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 5:12:50 AM EDT
Anyone going? This is the Davis Outfitters show, not the MAAC 1200 table show.

I'll be up Saturday with SBK. Look for the old man and the kid in Bulletfest T-shirts and Bushmaster caps. FRS channel 5.

Ops
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:27:24 PM EDT
I'm going sat. , will try to find ya and say Hi
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:28:21 PM EDT
How many tables are they expecting, i need .44 mag ammo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:41:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 2:55:08 PM EDT by MrSig239]
Myself and my buddy are coming down from mass. for the Sat. show.
We are going to suck up all the preban stuff we can find.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:16:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 4:23:45 PM EDT by Slimjim]
Im so oing to be there if thers that many tables..With a FULL paycheck :D I also need a front sight for a benelli m1 super 90, but i doubt ill find one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:08:31 PM EDT
For once the price of gas is going to exceed the combined price of parking and the entrance fee.

I haven’t decided to go or not.
If I do I’ll be parking across the street in the State Hospital grounds. The parking is free and the walk is still going to be about the same length.

But then again my Doc said I need the exercise.

I wonder if Burger King will let us park in their lot if we all buy a Whopper or two?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:05:36 AM EDT
For those who go please let us know if it was worth the trip. If I can go it will be Sunday due to other commitments.
Thanks

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:15:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 11:46:22 AM EDT by BUCC_Guy]

Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Myself and my buddy are coming down from mass. for the Sat. show.
We are going to suck up all the preban stuff we can find.

You stay away from my prebans!

I'll be at the show saturday... and I have to leave earlier than expected to beat the Massholes my fellow ban-staters to the goodies.

Look for the green "the French Salute You" shirt on a short/stumpy guy.

- BG

EDIT: Back from the show... I particularly liked the $2300 preban PWA... nothing exciting overall... bought 500 rounds of M193.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:00:17 PM EDT
I knew i shouldnt have gone with money! I didnt even get some 44 magnum. I ended up with a Swede mauser!!! Almost all matching numbers. One band doesnt match though. And i bought some ammo for it. Also, got Unintended consequences! Anyway, i noticed prices on the swedes were Jacked up. A guy wanted 395 for one! Also, did anyone see the guy with the .50 SLAP and gyrojet ammo?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:15:28 AM EDT
Damn Ops we must have missed you guys. I think it was a very disappointing show but I got some good stuff.

I sold my Sar-1 for 350.00 and got myself an EOtech 512.A for 300.00 along with a flip up BUIS and some other toys and ammo but was not able to find a good AR15 parts stand that is normally there. Only 2 stands had Eotechs WTF I had to look all over. I hope the next show is better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:37:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By haloemt:
Damn Ops we must have missed you guys. I think it was a very disappointing show but I got some good stuff.

I sold my Sar-1 for 350.00 and got myself an EOtech 512.A for 300.00 along with a flip up BUIS and some other toys and ammo but was not able to find a good AR15 parts stand that is normally there. Only 2 stands had Eotechs WTF I had to look all over. I hope the next show is better.

Geez I didnt see any Eotechs...

Did they have a display model you could play with? I'd like one but dont know how my eyes would like it.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:35:10 PM EDT
I saw more eotechs than aimpoints, And then like three tables of knock off japcrap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:40:58 PM EDT
Yeah I only saw one table with an aimpoint and that is where I got the eotech. The other table had a few eotech displays to see on different setups so you could see what you like best. i needed to know what it was like to cowitness the front sight and have a flip up BUIS and they had exactly what I needed to see though I bought the thing at another stand for a better price.

So far I like the Eotech and you can adjust the brightness settings to get a better focus with an individuals eyes. I will field test it on tuesday along with my new Vertical foregrip. I'll let yall know how it works out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:03:07 AM EDT
The only table that woke me up was the Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender dealer.

So help me, if I had the money I would have bought that spotting scope right there and then.

Everything else was same old, same old.

Has anybody ever bought a Northstar scope at a show yet? I’m really curious about that.

I did buy the DVD, “*Brotherhood of War”, though.
My only comment so far on the movie is “Was there really that much hand-to-hand combat during the Korean War?”

And there was this guy who came with a hand-truck to buy 7 cases of ammo. The vendor didn’t have everything he wanted so he had to settle for others. I asked him if he was an Arfcomer. He said he wasn’t. I didn’t hang around to find out just what he did buy.

*Excuse me for not remembering the Correct Korean title. I’m doing this from a public library.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:15:00 AM EDT
I saw that guy leaving he had lots of 7.62 and a bunch of odd calibers
Top Top