Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/3/2003 6:09:46 PM EDT
Well, I was wrong. It was the biggest gun show that I've ever been to. Bigger than Valley Forge except when they had 2 floors. I really enjoyed it but had mininal purchases. Not that I wasn't looking for a larger buy.

Went to the refreshment stand at high noon. Didn't see much of anyone hanging around. But I did meet Stryker and was amazed at how much we had in common. I should have worn an AR15.Com tag or something but i didn't.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:43:52 PM EDT
It was nice to meet you armabill. Hope you found what you wanted. I am glad I didnt buy the Trijicon, it WAS over priced. I found a dealer that wants 750 for the TA31, which comes highly recommended on the boards. So what if I have to wait a few months to get it, that will make my wallet feel better.

Hope we can get together and shoot some time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:53:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2003 6:55:37 PM EDT by armabill]
Very glad to have met you. I thought that the Trijicon was a little high myself. Only saw 2 dealers have the Hakko sight. I only got a few odds and ends but there were two times that I was tempted.

Would not mind getting a Colt pre-ban flat top M4 but not at those prices. I almost bought a Colt flat top pre-ban upper here in the equipment exchange but the price was just a tad too high.

Maybe I'm being too picky. I just missed out on a Leupold scope in the equipment exchange a few days ago. You have to be fast in there, guys are like hawks! A good deal doesn't last long.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:09:04 AM EDT
I was hoping to go and poke around for HK parts, but alas I had to work so I'll have money to buy said HK parts.

I was hoping to hear that it had sucked, but now I'm annoyed I missed a good show.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:21:18 AM EDT
There's always next time and it maybe better!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:51:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
I was hoping to go and poke around for HK parts, but alas I had to work so I'll have money to buy said HK parts.

I was hoping to hear that it had sucked, but now I'm annoyed I missed a good show.

Ouch - you may have missed out then. In the other thread, I mentioned the one guy selling the preban pistol mags, but he had other stuff as well. I'm not very well versed in the HK long guns, though, so I don't know if the prices were as good one those. I also now recall him having a UTL II for $100....

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:24:25 AM EDT
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to this show. Does anyone know when the next Harrisburg show is scheduled for?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:42:06 AM EDT
I'll definitely go again. A lot of mag and ammo dealers. One guy had NIW USGI AR15 30 round OK and Sanchez mags, 4 for $100. I should have bought 4, damn I don't know why I didn't. A missed opportunity lost. Well, next time I shall be a little wiser.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:36:07 PM EDT
Sorry I missed you guys as I went to both refreshment stands and did not notice anyone looking for a gathering. Will have to buy a AR15.com t-shirt for the next show. Maybe we can meet at one of these shows coming up.

Next show is June 21-22 at York fairgrounds.
Reading show is Aug. 9-10
Next Harrisburg show is Aug. 23-24
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:12:16 PM EDT
Stryker had the right idea with his self made tag. If it wasn't for that, I would have missed him. I plan on making something similar or go the t-shirt route.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:04:16 PM EDT
I was there on Sunday most of the day...
Ran into "Shaggy" a few times...
(he was the guy with the shorty M16 looped over his shoulder.

I ended up buying an AR10, a short upper for the M16, two cases of Q3131A, and a few other goodies...

Definately a good show...
Plenty of space, and not too crowded.
Food was overpriced.
2 drinks, 2 cheeseburgers and 2 fries cost $16.25 !!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:43:52 AM EDT
You are correct armabill, if it wasn't for my AR15.COM nametag we would have missed one another. This was how I had met another member earlier that morning who was up from Virginia.

AR15.COM T-Shirts would be a great idea. Hopefully they will produce them again. There is definately a demand for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:56:44 AM EDT
Yep, t-shirt would be the way to go and having your forum name on it too. I missed the last t-shirt sale, maybe they'll do another one.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:34:54 PM EDT
I was there Saturday. I'll have to remember to wear my ar15.com t-shirt next time.

MAAC does not have the next HBG show on its schedule yet but if history is any guide, it will be in early December.

http://www.nep.net/~maacpsse/maac.html
Top Top