Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 11:13:53 AM EDT
My family and I were traveling through AR earlier this year from Alabama to Missouri, when we passed through this little town of Hardy.  It looked very interesting so we stopped to mill around, look for a little while and eat before we went on our way.  After going into a few antique shops and a candy store there on what appeared to be the 'strip' of Hardy, we walked to a little cafe'-looking small cabin that advertised sandwiches.

The place was empty except for two women working behind the counter.  I noticed the one making the sandwiches looked rather butch (abnormally short hair), but they were both pleasant so I didn't think twice about it.  My mom, wife, brother and I all ordered, and they all went outside to look some more while I waited on the food to be ready.

I got the food, paid, and said my goodbyes, and as I was leaving, I noticed all of the pictures around the room of the two women, holding hands, hugging at various vacation-looking spots.  Then, to add the icing on the cake as I walked out I looked down at the rainbow mat I had previously walked over without regard.  It all dawned at me at that point that I had just gotten my family's dinner from a lesbian establishment!  

Well, the sandwiches were fantastic and I had no complaints, but I must admit it was a little of a culture shock for this conservative ARF'er.  Any of you guys familiar with this place?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not familiar with it, although I've been to Hardy a thousand times to canoe.

Were they hot?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I for one have no problems with eating at a lesbian establishment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I for one have no problems with eating at a lesbian establishment.

+1.  Uh... yeah, lesbian establishment.....that's it.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually they were really hot like the ones we all see in the movies.  They were kinda like men.  With vaginas.

OMG I just realized this.  What I meant to say was:

"Actually they were not really hot like the ones we all see in the movies.  They were kinda like men.  With vaginas."
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My family and I were traveling through AR earlier this year from Alabama to Missouri, when we passed through this little town of Hardy.  It looked very interesting so we stopped to mill around, look for a little while and eat before we went on our way.  After going into a few antique shops and a candy store there on what appeared to be the 'strip' of Hardy, we walked to a little cafe'-looking small cabin that advertised sandwiches.

The place was empty except for two women working behind the counter.  I noticed the one making the sandwiches looked rather butch (abnormally short hair), but they were both pleasant so I didn't think twice about it.  My mom, wife, brother and I all ordered, and they all went outside to look some more while I waited on the food to be ready.

I got the food, paid, and said my goodbyes, and as I was leaving, I noticed all of the pictures around the room of the two women, holding hands, hugging at various vacation-looking spots.  Then, to add the icing on the cake as I walked out I looked down at the rainbow mat I had previously walked over without regard.  It all dawned at me at that point that I had just gotten my family's dinner from a lesbian establishment!  

Well, the sandwiches were fantastic and I had no complaints, but I must admit it was a little of a culture shock for this conservative ARF'er.  Any of you guys familiar with this place?

Nope, not my part of the country.... some of the BEST cooks I know are lesbian (some "butch" some "femme" ...) (of course most of the cooks I know w/the exception of family are lesbians, so not certain that "counts" ;)

Are ya "shocked" there's a lesbian on Arfcom? ;)
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Wow really?  Can I ask you some questions?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Eureka Springs was dominated by the homosexual crowd a few years ago. Then the bikers found the place and slowly things changes, for the better IMHO.

I ride through Hardy on occasion, never bothered to stop, looked too trendy touristy for my taste.

NV
peace through superior firepower
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell, I live 8 miles west of Eureka Springs and it is still full of comune rejects.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Eureka Springs did use to be a homosexual crowd for sure, me and my biker buds started going there for beers about 12 years ago, we called it going to church, we where the only bikers that came to town back then, we went every sunday for a beers and a burger. now everybody who has a scootor goes for a beer on sat. and sun. always lots of scoots there, the bike thing got big in the springs for sure.

and yes there are some strange ones there still for sure, i mean strange

and by the way i went to Hardy elementary in 62' thru 65' and was born in Ash Flat just south of Hardy, not that much going on in that part of the country, guess things have changed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the cafe your talking about the blue building at the west end of the strip?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is the cafe your talking about the blue building at the west end of the strip?

No, it was literally a log cabin.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]
What a disappointment!! I was expecting something along the lines of a Sydney Moon / Jennifer Rovero discussion on the merits of Bushmaster, over other brand name AR-15s.....  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#13]

If 'something along the lines of Sydney Moon' was there - I'd still be in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sure, ask away.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#15]
pics pics pics .... dammit when will you people learn!?  But then again they're butch....you may have done us a favor.  Please confirm.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, ask away.

Are you bi or full lesbian?  What draws you here to this site, considering the overwhelming conservative undertones?  (I'm glad you're here, just wondering)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, ask away.

Are you bi or full lesbian?  What draws you here to this site, considering the overwhelming conservative undertones?  (I'm glad you're here, just wondering)

I'm 100% lesbian.

I have a FEW "conservative undertones" mainly I'm a gun-rights nut (different than just a "gun-nut"... I cannot tell you WHY I prefer 9mm, I just do... probably has to do w/being capable of dealing w/the recoil while a 45 is beyond me after 10 shots. BUT I can likely answer most (of Ohio's) gun related laws Q's, or find out damn quick. Also I'm one of the founding members and currently defacto coordinator for the Central Ohio Pink Pistols, and also co-founder of the other 4 Pink Pistols groups in Ohio. I'm also all for fiscical responsibility and tiny, tiny government, otherwise I'm a bleeding-heart liberal ;)  (okay, I'm MOSTLY a Libertarian, but I'm likely one of the fatherst left Libertarians you'll ever "meet"... also likely one of the farthest Right Libertarians you'll ever "meet" - depending upon the subject matter.)

Plus, the folks on this board are the BEST (and the worst, but at least a few are "working" on that ;) folks I've ever had the privlege of meeting, and the good typically out number the bad by at LEAST 9-1. I can appreciate those odds. ;)

I'd suggest you look up "Pink Pistols" with the search option, but the incident was back in July, so it's gone... or at least "out of reach" you want a sample of what I'm about, check out this link:

www.pinkpistols.org/index2.html

the Press Release entitled: Ohio Pink Pistols Threatened by Club-Wielding "Official" and Horde of Stormtroopers at Pride Festival, Ordered to Surrender Firearms

I believe it is the fourth from the top.

sorry, edited for a typo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I know everyone has lives... but the crickets are getting kind LOUD ;) Plus I'm out of the country come Sunday a.m. until at least November 3rd. So crickets from ME after tomorrow night. (Until the 4th or 5th - November)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't worry about the crickets!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, ask away.

I'm 100% lesbian.

hr

Don't worry sister, There is more of "US" out there than you realize! Hell, I'm nothing more than a lesbian traped inside a mans body!

George iN Little Rock

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I'm in Korea. The internet cafe my partner's sister found costs 1000 won an hour ($1 =1108 won last I looked ;) So less than $.90/hour. So thought I'd drop in and see what was up on Arfcom :)

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Well, I'm in Korea. The internet cafe my partner's sister found costs 1000 won an hour ($1 =1108 won last I looked ;) So less than $.90/hour. So thought I'd drop in and see what was up on Arfcom :)

Cool, whatcha doin over there?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#23]
My partner's mother is 86 years old, and has never flown before, so I came over to assist her in coming to my partners home to live (my partner is the oldest living child, so it's her "responsibility" to take care of her mom now that she's getting too old to care for herself. Plus she has 4 great-grandchildren she's never seen, and 1 grandchild (the brother's youngest). Most of the family is now in the U.S. except the mom and one child, and she has some serious health problems to contend with.

Plus GREAT vacation spot. People LOVE seeing Americans over here.... they are very friendly and amiable. My Korean sucks though. And of COURSE my partner HAD to be Korean! If she had been Japanese I'd be SET (I'm conversationally fluent in Japanese, but I struggle w/Korean still.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top