Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2005 3:41:12 PM EDT
Alright, it looks like there is another fun show scheduled at hara arena....... Question is , who is planning on attending??

I will be there on saturday..... going to sell oof one of my pistols, to fund some more black rifle parts, possibly a new upper.... Anyone who might be interested in a SIG Pistol. let me know..

Sound off if you plan on attending!!!....

maybe we can get together at millers aftwards to heat up the berm a little!...

COLT!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Im hopeing to go Sunday.... Ill be toteing my HK USP compact .40 and a complete Oly Arms forged lower to trade or sell if the right item comes into view. Ive been thinking about a compact .45 1911 series or something else interesting... Havent quite decided...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot I dont got no money
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
between the Grand and duck drawings at Lake St.Marys and Spring Valley(I think it is also this weekend), I wonder how the show will be.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
yup

ETA:  saturday
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Viper check your email ASAP!I'll also be at Hara Saturday,I am looking for a lower and a couple uppers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill be there. Dont really have much to bring other than some asstd parts. I do need to buy some ammo though, Im getting low.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Shoot I dont got no money

Me neither! But the tanks on the boat are full and I'm 45 minutes from lake erie.  I  might sit this one out or maybe I'll try to sell something.  Depends on the weather I guess.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sitting this one out....blew all my cash at the PRO show last weekend.

Got tons of honey-do's to accomplish before Labor Day anyway. You know how it is, earn your time off for good behavior!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Swingset, How long does it take you to get the Hara show from Newark? Say, like
the Granville exit. Just curious, as I live east of Coshocton.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
viper, send me an e-mail with your price on the lower if you might like to sell it before
going to the show, and a location for a possible FTF, Thank you.

Sorry if I offended anyone by adding this post.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
How far from Cleveland area is this show?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Msokol13, It is in Dayton. I just Yahoo mapped it and it is like 3+ hours from me,
and I'm 2+ hours due south of Cleveland. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the
next Medina show, dang it!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey Swingset, How long does it take you to get the Hara show from Newark? Say, like

Depends on the construction and 70 traffic, but usually around an hour and a half from 37/70 exit. Faster before all the orange barrels around Springfield.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Probably stay home, don't know if a three hour drive is worth it, Thanks Swingset.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Killer,,, what kind of ammo are you looking for ???
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Might go Sat, saving money for Johnstown swappers meet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Msokol13, It is in Dayton. I just Yahoo mapped it and it is like 3+ hours from me,
and I'm 2+ hours due south of Cleveland. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the
next Medina show, dang it!

That sucks. I think the medina or maybe it is the berea show is next week. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Berea show is on Aug. 27-28
Medina show is on Sept. 10-11
I'm going to try to go to Medina on that Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Viper, I will be going to the show on sat around noon or so and I will be taking 2  45acp compacts that you might be interested in. # 1 is a para ord P12 with plastic case 3.5 inch barrel, kinda blueish black in color. vgc.  holds 10 rounds factory, 12 aftermarket,  asking  $ 425.00              #2 is a charles daly 3.5 inch stainless LNIB,6 shot with 2 nickel mags,and hogue rubber finger grips, asking $ 375.00   I am also looking to trade for AR15 uppers in 9mm or 22lr. Do you know anyone with these ?   Thanks for your time, I live in warren co. ( blanchester ) You can e-mail me @      [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1

What day you going? Maybe we could meet up.

Craig. You're going right?  considering it is in your backyard.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Going on Saturday, never miss it. You're welcome to join us.

-Craig
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#22]
GOING SATURDAY.LOOKING FOE EVERYTHING
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I should be going tomorrow.

Will be bringing an M1A loaded and an SA WW2 1911. If anyone is interested in either one let me know.

Clark
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Going on Saturday, never miss it. You're welcome to join us.

-Craig

Had a fun time last year. You will prolly enjoy it. The most fun is checking out all the single shot shotguns. That was a year ago and here I am still bitching about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Savin my coin (and gas $$)  for the Indy 1500 show next weekend.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the construction and 70 traffic, but usually around an hour and a half from 37/70 exit. Faster before all the orange barrels around Springfield.

Craig has it nailed pretty close...  I work across street from Hara.

Simply take I-70 west to exit 28 (St Rt 48/Englewood/Meijer store there).  Turn left toward Meijer from the exit.  Go south a couple mile till you see the CVS and CLICK Camera, turn right on Westbrook.  Take the 3rd left (Basore) and follow it up the hill and you will see Hara Arena on left, you can turn left into their lot, drive across lot and park.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I work across street from Hara.

sit rep from the setup today, hal??
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I will attempt, I did not pay a lot of attn today, but nobody really showed till around 2:00.   I did test drive a car through the lot around 3-3:30 time frame, there was a fair/decent amont of vehicles unloading.  One fella was using a forklift to haul his stuff in on pallets throught the back door.  

When I left around 5:30, there was a bunch of trailers parked out along the road.

I think this show should be decent to good by what bit of activity I seen.  As usual, I will leave the "quality of show" report to the person with admission money to get in and report.

I do have a load of 38 & 357 brass if you want it, seems Jayson said something about loading for your revolver....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like I'll have to break down and go.(maybe do the boat thing Sunday)
Still pondering.
(will edit  later)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I will attempt, I did not pay a lot of attn today, but nobody really showed till around 2:00.   I did test drive a car through the lot around 3-3:30 time frame, there was a fair/decent amont of vehicles unloading.  One fella was using a forklift to haul his stuff in on pallets throught the back door.  

When I left around 5:30, there was a bunch of trailers parked out along the road.

I think this show should be decent to good by what bit of activity I seen.  As usual, I will leave the "quality of show" report to the person with admission money to get in and report.

I do have a load of 38 & 357 brass if you want it, seems Jayson said something about loading for your revolver....

And I've been reminding myself for three days now not to forget your brass this time  I'll leave it in the same place as last time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Well the wife and I went to the gun show today......good amount of vendors.. one bad thing was the prices!..... alot of overpriced  items...

Did sell the sig pistol...WOOT! .  But could not find anything i was looking for. so the quest goes on..( looking for a quality scope for my flat top bushmaster groundhog/coyote rifle )

JME, if you read this, I have a 20 inch upper that i need the barrel threaded. get with me on the cost an where is a good place to get a FH..

COLT!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Did sell the sig pistol...WOOT! .

Interesting.. I bought a Sig pistol.... Wasn't a sweet 220 by any chance was it?

Clark
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]
lol. no the one i sold was chambered in 357sig

COLT
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I went Saturday with sons & a son's girlfriend's son h.gif I thought it was a good show, with a fair number of new vendors and some new stuff, instead of the same old boring Goodman shit. We had fun, and it was the kid's first gun show.

I bought a used Mossy 590 in VGC with ghost ring and fiber optic sights for 220 bucks, 500 Federal Gold Match .22's for 15 bucks and some uber tactical Ranger 00 buck for my shottie, to protect me from horrible night invader space terror creatures. I have a Nova for sale now, with which I could only kill 4 night invader space terror creatures, the new Mossy can kill 8.

Also bought some very excellent Tac powder from the guy over near the far left hand corner, who was from Nebraska, had a LOT of popular powders for VERY good prices, and who said he probably wouldn'd be back cause it's too far, whick sux.

Dealers and other selfish inconsiderate fucks who smoke in that hot stuffy crowded room will suffer in hell sucking giant ostrich balls for all eternity.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought a AR lower Friday,went to the Hara show Saturday to buy an upper and instead I came home with another SAR 2 Another deal I just could'nt pass!I saw lots of AR mags for decent prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Also bought some very excellent Tac powder from the guy over near the far left hand corner, who was from Nebraska, had a LOT of popular powders for VERY good prices, and who said he probably wouldn'd be back cause it's too far, whick sux.

Yep, had that same conversation with him too.  I'm gonna miss those Hornady bullet prices

D_C and I made a pretty good haul.  Met MENACE when I got there for some AP bullets.  Got some ammo for the labor day shoot, a few garand clips, traded the grips for her .357, two boxes of 60g v-max's to load for the shoot, and a new range bag for her.  Then we left.  Almost....

D_C shows me a cute little Taurus PT22 she'd like to have.  She's thinkin.  Seller makes lower offer.  She thinks more.  I go look at miketv's goodies next table over.  I turn to look, and guess who's filling out their very first 4473

So while I was waiting on her to finish up with the paperwork, I ended up drooling too much on one of his ak's.  And since it was now damaged goods, I thought the only proper thing to do (and since D_C's back was still turned) was to go ahead and take it home.  

Speaking of miketv, he's got a nice colt w/ green furniture for $630? if anybody needs one.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
D_C shows me a cute little Taurus PT22 she'd like to have.  She's thinkin.  Seller makes lower offer.  She thinks more.  I go look at miketv's goodies next table over.  I turn to look, and guess who's filling out their very first 4473

i love this lil gun, guys--went to TargetWorld to try it out  

my right thumb feels like hamburger though, from loading a brand new tight lil mag a half dozen times
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Was really good to see you guys yesterday!  Thanks for the patronage and your gonna get a kick out of that rifle.  Oh and, HAPPY B-DAY Jason!  

I'm not gonna be at the show today as I have the "honey-do" list from hell to catch up on before I have to go back to hell err,,,, work on Monday but if you make it to the Goodman's show, stop by and say hi to Pat, he's flying solo today so be patient .   Hopefully I'll see all ya folks @ Millers on Sunday over Labor Day.  That's provided I have any energy or money left after Swappers Day w/ Glimmerman and Swingset....

cheers!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That's provided I have any energy or money left after Swappers Day w/ Glimmerman and Swingset....

HA! Knew you wouldn't be able to resist!

Don't worry - if you start looking worn, I'll buy you a lemon shake and a corn dog - you'll feel like a million bucks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

HA! Knew you wouldn't be able to resist! hake

Ahhh, your my hero......    Mike
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Miketv, I am not familiar with peoples first names here, but what was the name on Pats booth,I might of bought a nice mag off of him...The guys name was Pat , just curious..Thought the show was better than some of the past...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Saw Hessian and his daughter.  I picked up an AR.  It is an EA lower with a colt A2 upper with green furniture.  I've been looking for a true A2 barrel for some time.  I found it on a rifle...and had to buy the whole thing!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I went with my neighbor to the show. After he saw my M4, he wants me to build him an AR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I went with my neighbor to the show. After he saw my M4, he wants me to build him an AR.

Awsome! And that is how we protect gun rights
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I made it out today.. Ended up selling my USP Compact .40 and got me a new CCW piece... Found a good deal on a Para Ordnance Warthog... got it for 639.00  NIB  The same pistol at Vandelia Tactical was 879.00.... Took it to my parents house out in Washington CH today and shot the crap out of it. Its got a snap from hell but it sure is fun LOL ... This is one gun you have to use a death grip on... Had a couple FTF issues which I antisipated. Para recommends 500 rounds for break in and ive read issues with the mag springs causeing FTF's ... Im gona order me some Wolf P-12 springs tomarrow and it should be 100% ...

This thing feels lighter and smaller then my XD-9 sub compact...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Went down with Jessi, She wanted a "gun"(she's 22, mentally retarded & autistic) luckily she likes the airsoft  type. She was ok today, we had a good time.  I picked up some "parts," a pair of ballistic goggles, a hydraulic buffer, an AK receiver for my new project and a 6 position stock.  I spoke to Collin & talked to Judy & Paul.  Then we went down to see JME and his [drool]mustang[drool](I think it's my "midlife crisis car")
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Judy and I made the show today. Wasn't very crowded. I picked up a few parts ( AK & AR ). Also finaly got a Garand. A Winchester in pretty decent shape.
On the way home we stopped at Millers to warm the barrel. Judy seemed to realy like the Garand. Looks like I need to increase the ammo budjet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Sunday was pretty slow. Looks like ammo prices have steadied out.  I think the fairest deal I saw was on SA .308 for $150 something a case.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#50]
I happened to be in the area like 6 maybe 7 or so so years ago, and went to the hare show, and it was great, it was huge, lots of dealers, and plenty of stuff at good prices.......better then up here in cleveland, bought a brand new chicom SKS and ammo at a super price.  I even saw a mig 27 RCMAT up for sale.......I was seriously thinking of getting it as a reminder of my air defense days in the army.

fast forward, to about 2 years ago, I found myself there in the dayton area again......and decided to go in.........boy what a huge disappointment, it really went down the tubes, it was like smaller then the worse weekends shows at medina and the  selection was slim, and prices were rediculous, it was more then what sells for up here..........what the hell happened?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top