Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/24/2003 9:51:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2003 12:36:51 PM EDT by MouseGun87]
Dear MO ARFcom members,

my family and I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy New Year.

If you celebrate Hanukkah, can I get a recipe for Challah bread and potato pancake? YUMMM ... Challah bread is one of the favorites in my household.

As part of our Holiday tradition, I also would like to seek forgiveness from all of you for all the wrong things I may have said or done in the past.

Sincerely,

Ozy
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:33:34 AM EDT
Os: Forgive WHAT?!?! Everything you've done with MODCC and all of us here at ARFCOM has been to help other people.

God bless you!

Semper Fi, and Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:38:25 AM EDT
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you two, and to all the MO ARFcom members from the holeshot4 family.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:51:25 AM EDT
OZ, im wiht kpel on this. i have never seen you say or do a wrong thing. not at least around me. you have always been a sound voice in all the madness. to everyone, i hope you and yours have a great holiday and a safe one. Ronald
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:34:16 AM EDT
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all .
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:10:09 PM EDT
Oz, I forgive you for getting me hopelessly hooked on M1 Garands and other guns from the Second World War. Its ok, I've learned to deal with it, over time.

You're the best buddy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:23:34 PM EDT
Hi Ozy! Morgan here. Mike said you wanted a latke recipe, and I just happen to have one.

Ingredients:
3 large potatoes
1 small onion
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
a pinch of pepper
1/2 cup of vegetable oil

1. Wash the potatoes, but don't peel them
2. Coarsely grate potatoes and onion into a mixing bowl
3. Add the beaten eggs, flour, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix it all together
4. Let the bowl sit for 10 minutes to thicken
5. Pour off the extra liquid that collects in the bowl
6. Heat the vegetable oil in the pan for 1 minute
7. Drop 1/4 cup scoops of the potato mix in the oil. When the edges are brown around the edges, turn them over and fry until the other side is crispy.
8. Drain the latkes on paper towels and eat them with sour cream and applesauce

There you go, Oz. Have a great holiday with the girls. Take care,
--Morgan (aka Duchess Nukem)
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:31:16 PM EDT
Third post in a row! Its me again. Want to extend holiday greetings to all the Missouri crew, you guys are the best! Have a great holiday and be safe (and vigilant for Al Quaida sleeper cells hiding under the Christmas tree! Tom Ridge says so).

Ozy, I shot your old Ishy Enfield today at Knob Noster, and easily shot a 1 inch group at 50 yards with iron sights. It was a 3 shot group shot off the bench, but not off of a rest or anything. I was most pleased!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:36:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
Hi Ozy! Morgan here. Mike said you wanted a latke recipe, and I just happen to have one.

Ingredients:
3 large potatoes
1 small onion
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
a pinch of pepper
1/2 cup of vegetable oil

1. Wash the potatoes, but don't peel them
2. Coarsely grate potatoes and onion into a mixing bowl
3. Add the beaten eggs, flour, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix it all together
4. Let the bowl sit for 10 minutes to thicken
5. Pour off the extra liquid that collects in the bowl
6. Heat the vegetable oil in the pan for 1 minute
7. Drop 1/4 cup scoops of the potato mix in the oil. When the edges are brown around the edges, turn them over and fry until the other side is crispy.
8. Drain the latkes on paper towels and eat them with sour cream and applesauce

There you go, Oz. Have a great holiday with the girls. Take care,
--Morgan (aka Duchess Nukem)

Morgan,
thanks for the Latke recipe. I will give it a try tomorrow. Is there any syrup/sauces to go with the Latke?

I have a few different recipes for Challah bread, but none ever turned out well. Maybe I am a lousy baker ... but I am not ready to give up yet. Will try one more time tomorrow. Oven fresh challah bread is one of the best food around, if it is done right.

Thanks Morgan
ozy
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:45:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
Third post in a row! Its me again. Want to extend holiday greetings to all the Missouri crew, you guys are the best! Have a great holiday and be safe (and vigilant for Al Quaida sleeper cells hiding under the Christmas tree! Tom Ridge says so).

Ozy, I shot your old Ishy Enfield today at Knob Noster, and easily shot a 1 inch group at 50 yards with iron sights. It was a 3 shot group shot off the bench, but not off of a rest or anything. I was most pleased!

Hi Mike,

I am glad the Ishy performed well for you. Take a good care of her.

As far as infecting you with Garanditis .... I am guilty as charged, and mighty proud of it!

Have a greaty Holiday Bud!
oz
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:23:33 PM EDT
OZ, We all need that forgivness. None of us are perfect. We are all born imperfect. We can thank Adam and Eve for that. We have met a couple times and I think you are a great guy Oz. However I am no Judge by any means. God Bless you friend. CB
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:46:32 PM EDT
HAPPY FRICKIN HOLIDAYS EVERYBLOODY!!!!
Top Top