Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/19/2003 5:20:49 PM EDT
I finally bought myself a 10/22 today for my B-day. The wife isn't near as excited as I am, wow big shock there!! It has a synthetic stock with a blued barrel. Now I am in the market for optics and whatever else for it. Anyone got any ideas and suggestions? Finally I have a cheap plinking gun!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:26:34 PM EDT
Happy B-Day buddy. I came by today (with gift in hand) but you must have been out buying your new toy.

Man your getting old though. I don't have much room to talk since I get older in a few days.

Anyhow have a great B-Day day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:25:58 PM EDT
I bought an inexpensive 4 power Tasco scope along with my 10/22 15+ years ago. It's been plenty of scope for the gun, has taken a few hard knocks like falling out of a moving Jeep, and is still going strong.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:42:17 PM EDT
I have been flipping through the SGN for scopes. I was thinking about a 4 power like Boomer mentioned or mabye a 3-9 x 40. Any brands to avoid?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:53:51 PM EDT
Pete and I have Bushnell Sportviews on ours.
3-9 power. That seems to be enough scope for that rifle. They are not that much and are a pretty good scope for the price.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:22:21 PM EDT
Happy Birthday!

Well the 10/22 has tons and tons of after market parts and pieces and can quickly be an expensive rifle with a kidd trigger, a floated bull barrel, etc. etc. but if you intend to keep it as a cheap plinking gun the first couple of things I would recommend doing are:

1) Volquartsen Target Hammer (Makes a HUGE difference) and polish the strut ball end ($30).

2) An extended mag release ($3.00)

3) The Auto-bolt release mod (free, you file) but since it's new, wait to you get good and irritated with releasing the bolt, and then do that :)

As far as optics go, remember it's only .22lr and you don't need much more than a 3X9, a 4X is typically fine.

all the above is just my thoughts, ymmv and all that.
Top Top