Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 5:14:19 PM EDT
Today marks my one year anniversary since joining ar15.com! I lurked around for a few years before that, but made it official this day last year. Been kind of a crazy year looking back, from the gun owners perspective at least. I joined because I was finally getting serious about building a SBR. I went from trying to learn all I could about the legal hoops and the best method of assembly, to trying to find some .22LR literally overnight. But I have learned a ton from a lot of good people here, and even had quite a few laughs browsing though GD. I'll knock one back for the ar15 family tonight!

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky bastard - you missed being an eternal 13er by mere days.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure common wisdom is Dec 12 to Dec 13 is considered a 13'er
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only post-sandy hook dec 12. Ask me how I know
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'll have to wait and see the final verdict. I hope I can avoid the eternal damnation that it is to be a 13'er. But I joined about 12 hours before Sandy Hook, so I'm cutting it pretty close!

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess I'll have to wait and see the final verdict. I hope I can avoid the eternal damnation that it is to be a 13'er. But I joined about 12 hours before Sandy Hook, so I'm cutting it pretty close!  
View Quote

The Whiskey part helps.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I know y'all are just teasing the OP so I'm not directing this at you. I don't get the 13er label and don't plan to participate in it. Maybe I'm not in GD enough to have seen the trolls or whatever the deal is. Every "class" goes thru the maturity process to figure out the ARFCOM culture. I've just never seen the hostility/animosity or whatever you want to call it.

What's the status on your SBR? Oh, and happy anniversary.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
For your enlightenment on the legendary 13er status this thread will help:

13ers

No other year will have such pride.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
SBR status:
Kind of on hold at the moment.  I gathered all of the information I needed and I have a very detailed list of items to purchase.  I figured it would not be a good idea to have my SBR also be my first build.  So, I am currently building a 14.5" for build practice.  Can't hurt to have another AR anyway, right? Don't feel like walking all the way into the garage for a current pic. I have since added a receiver extension and Magpul Black CTR Stock.
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y471/WhiskeyBent82/IMAG0185_zpsd3979bc0.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top