Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2008 1:39:54 PM EDT
I have just returned home from SW Asia after 9 mos., so I am a little out of the loop. Is there anyone who can tell me if the range is open again?
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Open and better than ever  New rifle range with new benches and sighting gear.

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there this past Saturday. Really nice place. Me likey..
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I think that is great news! Its county sponsored (as it should be) and the times I was there, the folks were kind and respectful to me.  It is limited to being only a "sight in" or "bench rest" range - but that's not a criticism.  For what it is, i think they do a fine job.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well I think that is great news! Its county sponsored (as it should be) and the times I was there, the folks were kind and respectful to me.  It is limited to being only a "sight in" or "bench rest" range - but that's not a criticism.  For what it is, i think they do a fine job.

How do you figure?
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"The hap baker range is operated by Carroll county dept. of rec and parks"

Looks like the county runs the range to me.

As I recall the range was built using money from donations and fundraisers. Range fees pay for the bulk of, if not all of, the other maintenance costs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just there on Thursday of last week.  Spent a pleasant few hours getting rid of about 400rds.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"The hap baker range is operated by Carroll county dept. of rec and parks"

Looks like the county runs the range to me.

As I recall the range was built using money from donations and fundraisers. Range fees pay for the bulk of, if not all of, the other maintenance costs.

I recall one of the RO's telling me it was one of the only facilities in the rec and parks dept that was fully self supporting and the rec and parks affiliation was for liability and other legal reasons.

ETA - I'm not so sure Claire would be happy with the affiliation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I got some friends up in Carroll County I may have to visit that range sometime.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies and the pics. I am going to have to get up there this week. I have a new .17HMR that needs some tweeking. A buddy of mine tells me it will hit a "Skoal can" at 200 yds all day long.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
The sound boxes are back though.

Was there last Sunday.

I tried to buy a year membership but the guy told me they won't have anymore bagdes until July. They sold all they had. 1000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top