Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 12:52:55 PM EDT
I'm a member of the Arlington-Fairfax IWLA.  I've got a new (unfired) 6920 that I'm going to be getting some optics for (I know, learn to shoot irons first hand
Would anyone care to meet me there tomorrow morning to let me send a few downrange using your sight(s)?  I've got plenty of ammo.  I'll be back here tonight to check.  Thanks

- sh00ter    
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be willing to let you use mine however, not this weekend.

If you don't find someone by next week send me an IM.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you at and where do you shoot?  I have an Aimpoint ML2 that I don't mind letting you try.  I don't know who has a EOthingy but I'm a strong fan of the Aimpoints

Lemme know.  I'll be free for part of the day tomorrow, but I can't go too far away.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi Nevis and Ghost,

Just got back in the house. Thank you very much for the offers.  h
Ghost,  I shoot at the the Izaac Walton League which is off of Rte. 28 just south of I-66 near Manassas.  If that doesn't give you an idea of where the range is then it 's probably too much out of your way.  

Either way your thoughtfulness is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang, I didn't see this until now.  I have both and would be happy to let you try them.  Next Saturday?  I assume they aren't open on Sunday.

G
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both, and a compact ACOG.

I prefer the ACOG, but my second choice is the Aimpoint, with the EOTech third.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What model ACOG?  I'm looking to get one sometime after the new year, but would also like to try it out too.  Maybe we can all get together and go blasting
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I did make it  it to the range and sent some 62 grain Wolf HP (polymer coated case) and XM855PD downrange to sight it in with the carry handle sights it came with.  Groups were
XM855PD, 5 shots, 50 yds, 1.3"     Wolf, 6 shots, 50 yds, 1.8"  

Like I said, I've been interested in actually shooting with the EOTech and Aimpoint.  I ruled out the ACOG  'cuz I wasn't sure there was that much  benefit to be gained for the extra cost. Now I'm rethinking whether Id prefer having a little magnification at the 'expense' of slower acquisition. hinking.gif

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm up in Chantilly where 50 and 28 meet.  I've got an Aimpoint ML2 I'd be happy to let you try if you could tell me more about the IWLA range!  You can IM me here or email me from the link here.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
sh00ter, the early bird may catch the worm, but it wont' catch ME lol.

I'd have been happy to meet you out there today and let you check out my Holostight, Aimpoint, and Accupoint....but I do NOT do am on weekends.    I'm just now up and at 'em, looking for some breakfast.  

I haven't been out the the IWL much this year...usually I avoid the heat like the plague, and I haven't seen much of my shooting buddies these days as their "honey do" lists are loooonnnnngggg.

Maybe we can hook up next week if you haven't made any other arrangements.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What model ACOG?  I'm looking to get one sometime after the new year, but would also like to try it out too.  Maybe we can all get together and go blasting

I have a TA-45, with the amber dot. It isa 1.5x maginification.

Quoted:
Like I said, I've been interested in actually shooting with the EOTech and Aimpoint.  I ruled out the ACOG  'cuz I wasn't sure there was that much  benefit to be gained for the extra cost. Now I'm rethinking whether Id prefer having a little magnification at the 'expense' of slower acquisition.

The TA-45 does not have a very high magnification, and is a a 'quick acquisition' sight like the Aimpoint and the EOTech.
It does cost a little more, but it is a damn fine optic. YOu can find used ones on te EE for reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Since you're near Manassas, stop by Virginia Arms and check out the Compact ACOG.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be at the NRA range on Wed with my HOLO/EOTECH and ACOG TA31F around 5:30ish if you wanna come up there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a good time shooting. Let us know what you decide on.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Will do.  After shooting both today, its a coin flip.  Its a nice problem to have. he
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still trying to get my core temperature down.  

G
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a member of IWLA - arl/fairfax and I have an Aimpoint ML2 with Magpul 93b and KAC RAS II if you want to try it.

Just need to coordinate a time though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm a member of IWLA - arl/fairfax and I have an Aimpoint ML2 with Magpul 93b and KAC RAS II if you want to try it.

Just need to coordinate a time though.

He already tried em both out on Sat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#18]
A HUGE thank you to glock23carry, gplg and Ghost-Shooter for alllowing me to get some time behind the wheel of their equipment,  Amazing setups and super helpful guys for this newbie AR15 shooter!

I honestly thought I'd have a strong preference for one sight over the other but in the end, I liked 'em both.... the kind of problem you like to have!  I decided to go with....

EOTech 512

and placed my order this morning!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm still trying to get my core temperature down.  

G

Me too!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Heres the link I was talking about www.samplelist.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top