Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 4:43:13 PM EST
I remeber I have to wait for 30 days to pass to get my hand gun but what about a complete lower? Can I pick both up at the same time or will I have to wait for the 3o days after I pick up the handgun
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:17:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By GoolsbyMD:
I remeber I have to wait for 30 days to pass to get my hand gun but what about a complete lower? Can I pick both up at the same time or will I have to wait for the 3o days after I pick up the handgun

I don't understand why you would have to wait for either. If you are a Virginia resident you are able to walk in make your purchases (rifle and pistol) and walk out after the NICS is completed and payment is made. I don't understand your comment on the 30 day pistol wait.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:27:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By GoolsbyMD:

Yes unless you get a special permit or have a CHP, you need to wait 30 days between handgun purchases.

Long guns, i.e. lowers, there shouldn't be a limit or wait. If you buy just the lower, you also save on excise tax because its not a completed unit.

Check with the FFL that you intend to purchase these items from, they also should be able to confirm.. They also have to certify the paperwork and its their butt on the line also.

--Olivers_AR
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:41:47 PM EST
You can get both guns at the same time and have both put on the same 4473 if they're from the same dealer. Virginia's law is one "handgun" per month unless you have a special permit from the State Police or a VA. Concealed Carry permit.
Long guns are limited only by the amount of money you have available.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:54:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By RELOADER-BOB:
You can get both guns at the same time and have both put on the same 4473 if they're from the same dealer. Virginia's law is one "handgun" per month unless you have a special permit from the State Police or a VA. Concealed Carry permit.

I need to start taking pictures of the faces people make at work when I tell them about this...

Usually looks like a cross between and

"Are there any limits on the amount you can buy at one time or in a certain period?"

"Only one handgun per month unless you have a concealed handgun permit. Otherwise, if you had the money, you could walk out of here with everything in the store this very day."

Hehehehe....

_MaH
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:54:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By mhoffman:

Originally Posted By RELOADER-BOB:

I need to start taking pictures of the faces people make at work when I tell them about this...

Usually looks like a cross between and

"Are there any limits on the amount you can buy at one time or in a certain period?"

"Only one handgun per month unless you have a concealed handgun permit. Otherwise, if you had the money, you could walk out of here with everything in the store this very day."

Hehehehe....
_MaH

Don't give me any ideas!

To the original poster, as long as you haven't purchased another handgun within 30 days (unless you have a CHL), you may buy a handgun and receiver at the same time, or buy the handgun and purchase your receiver later, it's all good. If you've bought a handgun within the last 30 days, you may still buy your receiver, but you'll have to wait for another handgun.

Oh, mhoffman, I see you got your new forum title from Sunday's episode of American Dad. That was something. Sometimes I didn't know whether to or the writers. MJD
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:04:01 AM EST
I have to wait till the 19th to pick up the handgun but was wondering if I can order a lower and pick it up at the same time, the same day, not waiting another 30 days.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:28:34 AM EST
Yes you should be able to.... when I was home a few months ago I bought 2 lowers on tuesday and bought a pistol on wed and no one gave me any grief.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:19:24 PM EST
You have to wait 30 days between handguns unless you have a permit. Now, the lower can only be purchased in that time if you ARE NOT going to make a pistol out of it.
Top Top