Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 1:52:51 PM EDT
Evening, fellas,

Fairly new to shooting, but I've already amassed four beauties - rifle, shotgun, 1911 and Glock 19. Intereste now in some good training - I find myself dreaming of other purchases and spending tax returns, and I still suck at 25 yards at hitting, well, anything. So I figured on investing the money from an AR or HK into some good training.

Any of you folks have good experiences with any firearms training classes in the Omaha/Lincoln area? I'm going to do CCW eventually (soon?), but I don't want to look like an ass, and I'd like to teach my fiancee (who's worse than me!) some good habits picked up at the instruction.

Any and all help is most certainly appreciated.

Thanks!
alpinewhitey
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Evening, fellas,

Fairly new to shooting, but I've already amassed four beauties - rifle, shotgun, 1911 and Glock 19. Intereste now in some good training - I find myself dreaming of other purchases and spending tax returns, and I still suck at 25 yards at hitting, well, anything. So I figured on investing the money from an AR or HK into some good training.

Any of you folks have good experiences with any firearms training classes in the Omaha/Lincoln area? I'm going to do CCW eventually (soon?), but I don't want to look like an ass, and I'd like to teach my fiancee (who's worse than me!) some good habits picked up at the instruction.

Thanks!
alpinewhitey

The closest organized training I have seen is from some of the KS guys in here I have not really found anything outside of CCW locally here, I am in Lincoln myself.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Evening, fellas,

Thanks!
alpinewhitey
Take a tour up to the Minneapolis area in May...my partner and I do an all day (750-1000 rounds) defensive shooting class that is way too much fun.  It is designed for people that have not yet attained mall ninja status...particularly good for newer shooters.  Don't some of the local places offer similar classes?  How about at the Bullet Hole in LaVista??
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, there were some basic classes at the Bullet Hole, but they've gone all out for CCW classes - I am a member there and enjoy shooting there.

There was also a place called Gun-Safe academy or something. That was the extent of it to my knowledge...

alpinewhitey
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
ENGC  Eastern Ne Gun Club east of Liousville shoots IPSC and CMP there would be plenty of shooters thier to give advice.

D-Tac in Columbus is planning some gun courses in addition to thier LE defense type classes.

Don't worry the qualification for NE Carry is a joke any first time shooter off the street could pass that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top