Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:20:00 AM EDT
A guy I work with has a glock 21 for sale that I want to buy. Problem is, he bought it FTF from the guy about 3 years ago. No paperwork involved. I want to do the transfer legally, but is that possible because he is not the owner as far as the paperwork is concerned? He doesn't want to go to the gun store and turns out the guy called it in as stolen or something. He has no idea where the original owner is either.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:39:57 AM EDT
Run away.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 2:38:58 PM EDT by NeoWeird]
Cover the facts:

1. Cheap price tag, almost too good to be true.
2. No paperwork was ever involved with the transfer.
3. He doesn't want to go to any shop, or do any paperwork.
4. Has no idea where his "friend" is, nor how to contact him.
5. It's been reported as stolen.

It's stolen. Either he stole it, or he bought a stolen pistol. Either way, it's bad juju.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:04:14 PM EDT
After reading my own post, I confused myself. He wants to do the transfer legally. The pistol was not stolen. I called the PD and verified this myself. Can it be done legally without the registered owner present?

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:11:13 PM EDT
you need registered owner present for a legal transfer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:31:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By occaar:
you need registered owner present for a legal transfer.

So how do people sell handguns online? Do they fill out paperwork prior to shipping to FFL?

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:59:59 PM EDT
My advice is, buy a new one, or one from someone that hasn't got some history attached. you don't want any red flags coming up.
Top Top