Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 7:12:36 AM EDT
My wife and I were in St. Louis for me to go to a job interview, and afterwards we stopped to pick up a new cat from an animal shelter.  While we were at the shelter I had to run out and pick something up, and she stayed behind to do paperwork.  But I took a wrong turn on the way back to the shelter and ended up on a highway going the wrong way, so I took an exit to the right and was going to circle back.  But while I was on the exit ramp, I saw a plume of black smoke coming up from a large 10+ story office building as it collapsed.

By the time I made it onto the street from the exit ramp, there were police directing traffic/searching people and FBI guys in suits everywhere.  I happened to be wearing my suit for the job interview, and I somehow got mistaken for an FBI agent.  They were swarming everywhere so it was easy to get lost in the crowd.  Apparently, it was some sort of government building.  The weird thing is there were already bulldozers on-site cleaning up the rubble.  Less than half an hour after the collapse.

Someone came by and handed me a UMP .45 with a magnified EOTech (I get the impression that the scope was mounted last-minute, as it was magnified and had the hold-over dots in the reticle for AR15 bullet drop) and told me to make sure nobody got close to the bulldozers.  I walked over near the area with the bulldozers, and used the scope to look at the rubble.  I saw something suspicious on the concrete bases that the giant steel structural beams mounted in.  I walked closer when nobody was looking, and picked up a large metal/concrete box that had fallen out of the concrete base.  It weighed about 40 lbs and there was a rod with a broken steel cable sticking out of it.  When I lifted the box by the cable, the box vibrated, bounced up and down.  There were oscillators built into the structure of the building, and when the oscillators were turned on they caused the building to vibrate at its natural frequency, and like a wine glass being shattered by the right tone, the building collapsed.

I discretely took some cell phone pictures of the concrete base, the oscillator, and the cleanup, then tried to look official with the UMP slung in front as I made my way out of the area with the oscillator bouncing in my hands.

And then I woke up.  Did I go to sleep with the tinfoil on too tight?

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm Sounds like the Bush administration is responsible!

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Pics?  
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the clinical term is fukk1n nutz.....
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you wake up holding your wife's vibrator?

Sorry no intent to be an ass, nor do I have any knowledge if your wife owns one.  Just sitting here reading your dream and part of it sounded like to me the cause of the effect was the above line. But the bit about the box and how it vibrated got me a thinking, thats all.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you wake up holding your wife's vibrator?

Sorry no intent to be an ass, nor do I have any knowledge if your wife owns one.  Just sitting here reading your dream and part of it sounded like to me the cause of the effect was the above line. But the bit about the box and how it vibrated got me a thinking, thats all.

Lol no, more of a slow oscillation.  Imagine holding a 40 lb block of concrete while someone tugged on it every 1-2 seconds.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Taking Chantix to stop smoking?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]
What were they serving at The Grotto???
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Say no more. Write down as much as you can remember. Then start to develop a movie about this dream. Ya never know, good action movie with the right actors and you could have a block buster on your hands.

Thanks for understanding that at times I have a really weird sense of humor..
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't smoke, never been in the Grotto, and can't write fiction.

Besides, the premise/idea/general plot is the easiest part to come up with.  Doing the writing and especially making convincing characters is the hard part.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#12]
How much for the hot UMP? FTF?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How much for the hot UMP? FTF?

I'm keeping the 3x EOTech.  I doubt it's zeroed to the gun anyway.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you see J. Edgar there?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did you see J. Edgar there?

No but I'm pretty sure that I saw Jimmy Hoffa poking out of the cracked foundation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top