Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 9:19:27 AM EDT
My friend (and FFL) of several years and I had a falling out of sorts... no need to go into the details here, suffice to say that I need to find a new FFL here in NoVA, preferably in Loudoun.

Any recommendations (in addition to the good folks at Blue Ridge Arsenal)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:29:45 AM EDT
First in with VA Arms! (they are in Manassas)
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:32:14 AM EDT
+1 on VA Arms!

Bernie and crew are top notch.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:38:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bmwguy:
+1 on VA Arms!

+1

Great shop, I HIGHLY prefer VA Arms to Blue Ridge Arsenal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:07:38 AM EDT
+1 Bernie and crew are the best!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:04:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

Yeah and you are one of the crew now
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:37:28 PM EDT
Do they have a website?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:22:47 PM EDT
Virginia Arms

$20 per transfer. I always try to buy some ammo/leather/holsters when I transfer a gun because I feel bad that I didn't buy it from them. I won't feel too bad about the VA lower though.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:34:23 PM EDT
Hey, the VA arms guys sound great. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 4:16:18 PM EDT by themadhatter]

+1 on VA Arms!

Bernie and crew are top notch.except that rob guy that work there somethings funny about him

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:40:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bmwguy:
+1 on VA Arms!

+2 for Bernie & Crew.

I'll drive the extra few miles to Manassas, past BlueRidge, to give them my business.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:42:05 PM EDT
Add me to the list in about a month.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:21:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thebomber:

Bomber

Will be seeing you
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:31:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 1:39:39 AM EDT by gotm4]

Originally Posted By themadhatter:

+1 on VA Arms!

Bernie and crew are top notch.except Except that rob, their FNG Robb (aka gotm4) guy that works there. There's somethings funny about him.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:52:10 AM EDT

Bomber

OK, well now we MUST know what happened with this FFL.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:46:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:

Bomber

I currently have the FFL (07) and an SOT in process. I am opening up an Indoor Range around year end. I hope to sign a lease in the next couple of weeks. We're negotiating. The storefront will open up much sooner. I'm waiting until then to start doing transfers/selling firearms. In addition, I will have to transfer the location of my FFL to the new store.

Everything other than the slight delay in the lease is going to plan. The store/range will be sufficiently far away from Blue Ridge and VA Arms as not to be in direct competition with them. The website is in process and I will let you guys know when it is up and running. The initial plan is to sell firearms and related stuff via a storefront and have 2 ranges each with 8 shooting lanes (25 yds). In addition, I will offer firearms training.

The umbrella company is Hardgear, LLC. I will dba Frederick County Firearms (hint to the location).
Next year I will add another range of 8 lanes for a total of 24 and offer gunsmith services, custom builds along with Internet sales.

That's about all the detail I can provide at this time. I will however be looking for employees once my loan closes (waiting on lease signiture ).

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:37:02 AM EDT

Bomber

I currently have the FFL (07) and an SOT in process. I am opening up an Indoor Range around year end. I hope to sign a lease in the next couple of weeks. We're negotiating. The storefront will open up much sooner. I'm waiting until then to start doing transfers/selling firearms. In addition, I will have to transfer the location of my FFL to the new store.

Everything other than the slight delay in the lease is going to plan. The store/range will be sufficiently far away from Blue Ridge and VA Arms as not to be in direct competition with them. The website is in process and I will let you guys know when it is up and running. The initial plan is to sell firearms and related stuff via a storefront and have 2 ranges each with 8 shooting lanes (25 yds). In addition, I will offer firearms training.

The umbrella company is Hardgear, LLC. I will dba Frederick County Firearms (hint to the location).
Next year I will add another range of 8 lanes for a total of 24 and offer gunsmith services, custom builds along with Internet sales.

That's about all the detail I can provide at this time. I will however be looking for employees once my loan closes (waiting on lease signiture ).

Bomber

Looking for part-time help? Will work for guns... or ammo... maybe even optics. Or may just become a store resident/bum
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:29:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kaiheitai17:

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

Yeah and you are one of the crew now

ooops, wrong guy, feel so dumb......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:18:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT by Hank_Rearden1]

Bomber

Bomber

I hope that's Frederick County, VA... not MD!!! That's cool, congrats! I look forward to being a customer... about how far (time/distance) from Ashburn is that going to be?
Top Top