Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 4:53:11 PM EDT
leaving the house this morning I saw a 9 point buck still in velvet and a doe 50 feet from my front door, this buck been hanging around my yard since it was a fawn, its rack is about 14" wide with long tines and very heavy bases,

they're so used to seeing me they didn't even run, just snorted and stamped their hooves,

I've sighted on him for the past two years and never pulled the trigger, but after watching him this morning, I decided that if I get the oppertunity, I'm gonna shoot this time.

I'm gonna borrow a cam and try to get pics to post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh no!  Don't shoot Bambi!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Oh no!  Don't shoot Bambi!

People always say that to me.....I'm not after Bambi......I want to kill his great-great grandfather!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
normally I don't hunt for the nicer deer, I like to keep'em the gene pool, but I've spied a lot of very nice bucks already this summer,

this one is not nearly the nicest or biggest one I've seen, but it is nice and its the closest to the house,

if I'm lucky enough to shoot it where it was standing this morning, I won't even have to drag it far.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea shoot it as close to the house as possible, thats the smart way to do it.. The hardest part has always been to drag it to the vehicle. I hunt on public land and last year one of my presents at Christmas was a deer/hog cart. They get heavier the further you drag em.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yea shoot it as close to the house as possible, thats the smart way to do it.. The hardest part has always been to drag it to the vehicle. I hunt on public land and last year one of my presents at Christmas was a deer/hog cart. They get heavier the further you drag em.

thats no shit, I've had to carry/drag them from the very back edge of my family's place, that was about 3/4 mile through the brush, blackjack scrub and gulleys,

some places are so thick with the scrub we can't even get a three wheeler through.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, some buck starts getting randy, and goes looking for a date, and instead of getting a little tail action all he finds is a bullet!  Ruins his whole day!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top