Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/6/2011 12:55:08 PM EDT
Let me just get this outta of the way. By no means do I have articles of clothing made from tinfoil.

That being said.. I would rather be prepared then not.

Another tread got me thinking that I really have no plan or place to go. My thought has always been to bug in as long as possible but if I were forced to leave I would be without a plan. All but a few of my close friends are sheeple, definitely not "like minded" by any means.

Being a person that would rather be prepared I got to thinking about a HTF BOP (bug out plan) for others like me. Personally I would rather have a group of able bodies then bug out alone. My logic would be a group of prepared and capable people would increase your chance of survival weather it be from a natural disaster, giant urban youth resistance, Chinese EMP, Amish attack, alien invasion and all the other tin foil hat GD stuff...

Anyone else here in my shoes?

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i would much rather bug out on my own, then i know i can trust who i am riding with.
this isn't meant to be offensive, so i am sorry if it is,it isn't that i don't trust anyone specifically it is that i don't trust ANYONE.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i would much rather bug out on my own, then i know i can trust who i am riding with.
this isn't meant to be offensive, so i am sorry if it is,it isn't that i don't trust anyone specifically it is that i don't trust ANYONE.

Totally understandable no offense taken.

I assume most people (including myself) wouldn't let a complete stranger meet up with them in the event of SHTF.

Lets say a group of us who weren't opposed to the idea that could coordinate events to establish a relationship between us like minded. Weather it be going out shooting, drinking beers etc etc..
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My only issue is that the more people there are the more people need to be fed.  My family is a pretty solid bug out team. We all shoot and shoot well and we all have designated places to meet up depending on different scenarios to get to the end point bug out location.    Larger groups also remove your ability to be noticed if there are a lot of children and tag along.  I can carry my child and my wife can carry enough gear to get us where we are going even if we travel off of roads and straight through the mountains to the cabin if need be.   Id be more worried about something slowing us down.

For a lets go fight the dictators because they denied the election process event I would prefer a group though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Lets say a group of us who weren't opposed to the idea that could coordinate events to establish a relationship between us like minded. Weather it be going out shooting, drinking beers etc etc..

i would be good with that.  For me, trust, like respect is earned.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My only issue is that the more people there are the more people need to be fed.  My family is a pretty solid bug out team. We all shoot and shoot well and we all have designated places to meet up depending on different scenarios to get to the end point bug out location.    Larger groups also remove your ability to be noticed if there are a lot of children and tag along.  I can carry my child and my wife can carry enough gear to get us where we are going even if we travel off of roads and straight through the mountains to the cabin if need be.   Id be more worried about something slowing us down.

For a lets go fight the dictators because they denied the election process event I would prefer a group though.

For me to have to bug out on my own would be a bad idea and my last resort at this point. As I don't have all of my bases covered.

I am prepared in the aspect of gear (weapons, ammo, survival gear, camp gear, bov, generators) and proficient with it.

What I am definitely not prepared for is surviving off the land. I hate to admit it but I've never hunted and wouldn't know a damn thing about what you can and cannot eat.

I suppose what I lack in knowledge I can make up for in gear

Quoted:

i would be good with that.  For me, trust, like respect is earned.

I feel the same way. Worst case if nothing ever happened at least you would have a few new buddies that were on the same page.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
My plan is to bug in.  Last resort for me would be bugging out.  One thing I would suggest to fellow azhtf arfcommers is that if you haven't done so already, go get yourself a basic technician ham license (super easy) and learn how to use a VHF radio to hit the local repeaters.  The radio forum here has a nice spreadsheet with designated arfcom simplex frequencies in the event of an emergency where one might be able to find fellow arfcommers on the radio  Being able to know what the hell is going on around you without having to leave your house would be very valuable if everything went offline.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
learning to preserve what you kill or find is more important than knowing what you can or cant eat.  There aren't any animals really you can't eat. some just dont taste good.  plants are another story though. I have lots of seed up at our BOL to grow veggies as well as plenty of books on what I can and can't eat as far as plants go.

I am still looking for an Arizona specific book on what vegetation is edible though.  All my books generalize around the whole country.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My plan is to bug in.  Last resort for me would be bugging out.  One thing I would suggest to fellow azhtf arfcommers is that if you haven't done so already, go get yourself a basic technician ham license (super easy) and learn how to use a VHF radio to hit the local repeaters.  The radio forum here has a nice spreadsheet with designated arfcom simplex frequencies in the event of an emergency where one might be able to find fellow arfcommers on the radio  Being able to know what the hell is going on around you without having to leave your house would be very valuable if everything went offline.

I have been meaning to get into that. so many other things though.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't mind something like this. But trust would need to be built. I think there is a slew of us in the Chandler area.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have been meaning to get into that. so many other things though.

Tech exam you can literally pass after an hour or two of studying the question pool.  It is very simplistic.  There's 8 and 9 year olds that pass that test, so don't let it intimidate you.  The biggest pain is showing up to the VE testing, but even that is easy, just requires a short trip to the testing site.  The Superstition Amateur Radio Club in Mesa hosts testing once a month - you walk in, pay your fee (I think 12 or 15 bucks?) and sit down and take the exam.  You can take all three tests consecutively too at no extra charge if you have studied to pass General and/or Extra.  I did my Tech and General in one sitting.  Hadn't bothered studying Extra - that takes a fair amount of actual study  There's all kinds of online free methods to study to pass the Tech exam.  And a basic VHF handy talkie (HT) is not very expensive and will let you hit the local repeaters and communicate all around the state with the linked sites.  Pretty convenient in an emergency.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
learning to preserve what you kill or find is more important than knowing what you can or cant eat.  There aren't any animals really you can't eat. some just dont taste good.  plants are another story though. I have lots of seed up at our BOL to grow veggies as well as plenty of books on what I can and can't eat as far as plants go.

I am still looking for an Arizona specific book on what vegetation is edible though.  All my books generalize around the whole country.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant I don't know anything about vegetation that is edible.

I've been meaning to start collecting books about being able to eat in a situation like this.

Quoted:
I wouldn't mind something like this. But trust would need to be built. I think there is a slew of us in the Chandler area.

I am in Tempe.. Like stated above trust needs to be earned definitely.

We should see how many people are interested and then plan something.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Just head over to my house, Derek. We'll figure it out, when you get here!!

I can hunt, have a sufficient supply of ammo, a small amount of food, and some basic survival goodies. The rest, I'm lacking.

One other thing to consider, is that if the SHTF, you're gonna have to wait a few days, before you try and move out of the city. Think about it, a two car accident, brings our freeways to a stand still. Now think of every person in Phoenix, trying to get to Flag, Globe, Cali, where ever. The freeways will be a parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Those of us that need to take older  relitives along will be at a disadvantage ,and  you can't just leave them . Any plan should take that into consideration .
Proper 4x4 vechile,fuel ,ammo,food ,and rabbit's foot or horse shoe for luck .
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I can hunt, have a sufficient supply of ammo, a small amount of food, and some basic survival goodies. The rest, I'm lacking.

One other thing to consider, is that if the SHTF, you're gonna have to wait a few days, before you try and move out of the city. Think about it, a two car accident, brings our freeways to a stand still. Now think of every person in Phoenix, trying to get to Flag, Globe, Cali, where ever. The freeways will be a parking lot.

I have no intention of taking any freeways.  Im going on foot if for some reason the back trails are too heavily traveled.  You would be suprised how far all those little atv trails go.  there are lots of ways on foot if you have at least a few days fworth of food and either have a lot of water or know your route and where to find water  on it and your not likely to run into a lot of people.

The good thing though is that unless there is an imediate catastrophic event most people will not flee the city until the food runs out.  It will be a few days before the freeways are shut down.   FYI if it gets to that point where there is no law and order and it's every man for himself if you wait too long and plan on traveling up the 260 you aren't going to make it by car because I am going to landslide the roads just past payson and around the 512 turn off to limit traffic making it into my general area.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
As I have no where to go, I'm one of those who will only leave if the house collapses or burns down. If we're talking civil unrest or some other SHTF, I'm prepared to ride it out at home for an extended period.

But I do have plenty of camping gear and supplies ready to load-and-go.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I keep forgetting you're on here!

You should PM me your number and we should get together for some shooting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm bugging out if SHTF. I'm not going to wait for the food to run out or anything like that. It's just me and the dog so no one else to worry about. A route has been selected where there is adequate water, food and fuel to get me to my BOL. No highway driving. In fact, most of the route out of the valley is on dirt.
Victor, consider getting your ham license, I'll even pay for your test session when you're ready to take the test.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I plan on loading all my stuff up into the truck, and then meeting up at a buddy(s) house. From there, we will probably bug in until we run out of water and have to bug out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I have plenty of food and water to last a good while, when I get down to enough that it will fit in two cars, we'll head up north to our BOL. A friend has a ranch that we are welcome at. My plan is to bug in for as long as possible though...

I think a mutual aid group is not a bad idea, not to bug out together, but to share skills and learn from each other before things get that bad. I have learned a good deal about food and water storage, and am willing to share that knowledge, and I'm always jumping at the opportunity to learn more. If you guys would like to get together and learn new skills, or teach a few, I would be game.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#21]
if you have the means to defend yourself I can't imagine more than 10 percent of the population will last more than a few months if you stay in town. Especially in the summer if water pressure dies. I just think it will be easier to defend my BOL. I don't want to worry about defending my house every day.  That will be a rough few months.      
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm bugging out if SHTF. I'm not going to wait for the food to run out or anything like that. It's just me and the dog so no one else to worry about. A route has been selected where there is adequate water, food and fuel to get me to my BOL. No highway driving. In fact, most of the route out of the valley is on dirt.

Victor, consider getting your ham license, I'll even pay for your test session when you're ready to take the test.

thanks. I can pay for it.  I just have to make time to do it and to get some sort of setup.    was never on my priority list but it would probably b a good thing to have in some situations.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#23]
If the like minded do not come together their rivals will destroy them.
Commies, jihad johnnies, reconquistites, criminal gangs...etc... are all organized, some of them very organized, capable and active.
not all scenarios are community scenarios but for the ones that are, the like minded need to stand together to preserve what they value.

different scenarios (never ending combos) require different reaction, some to bug in, some to bug out.

If the Palo Verde nuke plant has any sort of trouble I am bugging me and mine the fuck out of the region and anywhere down wind of it while popping KI

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

if you have the means to defend yourself I can't imagine more than 10 percent of the population will last more than a few months if you stay in town. Especially in the summer if water pressure dies. I just think it will be easier to defend my BOL. I don't want to worry about defending my house every day.  That will be a rough few months.      

You had better be at your BOL before SHTF. Like others have mentioned, our freeways gridlock when an accident occurs. If you wait a few months to bug out, you will have to deal with the stalled/abandoned cars cluttering the highways.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You had better be at your BOL before SHTF. Like others have mentioned, our freeways gridlock when an accident occurs. If you wait a few months to bug out, you will have to deal with the stalled/abandoned cars cluttering the highways.

see above.  bug out is option number one. Ill be out before the food runs out and I am not reliant on a car or roads to get there.  in a shtf event it will be two or three dyas of people waiting for the power to turn back on and get their "we got this under control" message from .gov on their tv before they start the real looting and crazy shit.  Ill be there on foot if needed before that happens if not by car. I leave on day one.  Whether you beleive it or not you will have at least a few days before the panic. If you don't believe me ask 9-10 people what they would do if shtf nationwide .  nobody has a plan.  they will sit and wait for the news to tell them what to do until the food runs out. by then Ill be gone.    

I think a lot of people will make it by bugging IN at their houses.  I could do that if I had to but I preffer getting out before the food runs out. On foot will be my method of choice if things get crazy .  desert roads that only half of one percent of the population even know about are not likely to be blocked and even if they are I have feet.  99.9 percent of the people will be traveling by freeway if there is a massive event . the rest of us will actually get where we plan on going.

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tech exam you can literally pass after an hour or two of studying the question pool.  It is very simplistic.  There's 8 and 9 year olds that pass that test, so don't let it intimidate you.  The biggest pain is showing up to the VE testing, but even that is easy, just requires a short trip to the testing site.  The Superstition Amateur Radio Club in Mesa hosts testing once a month - you walk in, pay your fee (I think 12 or 15 bucks?) and sit down and take the exam.  You can take all three tests consecutively too at no extra charge if you have studied to pass General and/or Extra.  I did my Tech and General in one sitting.  Hadn't bothered studying Extra - that takes a fair amount of actual study  There's all kinds of online free methods to study to pass the Tech exam.  And a basic VHF handy talkie (HT) is not very expensive and will let you hit the local repeaters and communicate all around the state with the linked sites.  Pretty convenient in an emergency.

How often do you have to re-take the test? Does the license expire?

And yeah, bugging in is number one for me - defensible location, water, food, power, ammo, blankets made from kitten fur . . . . I'm ready to go. I would only bug out if a serious force compromised my position or if I ran out of supplies. In which case I know where I'm going already, and it's already fully planned out. And no it's not in the mountains - that is the last place I want to be. Game animals will be slaughtered fast, and everyone will have already "ran for the hills" which means I will just have to fight for space, water, food, etc.

Casa de Rizzo is where it's at, buddy. But don't show up uninvited.

ETA: On another forum I had planned a few survival hikes, and only one guy ever showed up. Saying you want to learn how to survive and kick ass is one thing, actually doing it is something else. I should know - I make a living off the very few people that actually do something. Lots of people talk about it, though. So if anyone here actually wants to do something, I'm up for planning some more. Some of the things we did were:

-Hike into a location with your full BOB and ammo load.
-Campout and get "ambushed" at night - defend your camp in the low light.
-Hike into a location with nothing but the clothes on your back and a pocket survival kit - we also took rifles (it turned out to be 19 degrees that night and all we had were space blankets - damn near froze to death).
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

desert roads that only half of one percent of the population even know about are not likely to be blocked and even if they are I have feet.  99.9 percent of the people will be traveling by freeway if there is a massive event . the rest of us will actually get where we plan on going.

I definitely think that is the case.  Everybody should have a good set of maps for AZ at the very least and perhaps bordering states.  There are literally tons of backroads to get everywhere, along with forestry roads, etc.  A good set of maps will show them and will be invaluable in the event of GPS meltdown when everybody is trying to hop on the 10, 87, 60, 17, etc.

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

How often do you have to re-take the test? Does the license expire?

Licenses are good for 10 years, you do not need to re-test.  When the time comes you simply renew the license.  You can file a renewal up to 90 days before it expires, and are given a 2 year filing grace period from the expiration date to re-file.  They also did away with any morse code requirements years ago, which is what finally got me interested in getting licensed

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#29]
... it would take nearly being FORCED from my home before bugging out.  That said, surface streets and highways will become parking lots in the event of a large emergency. Canal roads, farm and powerline access roads "might" provide some relief in getting some distance between you and the threat.

Also, exposure to mid-summer Arizona environments would be nearly lethal to half the folks here trying to hump a 45# pack more than 5 miles in the sun on foot
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Case de Rizzo is where it's at, buddy.

Now we know what all those Ammoo Tax collections have been funding.....

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#31]
How large of a force would we need not to be fucked with? Would 20 armed people be enough to ensure our safety from roving gangs of bad guys? Would 100 or 200 be enough? Some of the gangs around here are rather large. We will have to fight to keep what we have and let’s face it we might have to take what we need at some point.
The people at Luke or DM could form a large force or National Guard people could hook up and be a threat. Even cops from a local dept or station could band together. Just don’t know how big of a group you would need to keep others from messing with you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

... it would take nearly being FORCED from my home before bugging out.  That said, surface streets and highways will become parking lots in the event of a large emergency. Canal roads, farm and powerline access roads "might" provide some relief in getting some distance between you and the threat.

Also, exposure to mid-summer Arizona environments would be nearly lethal to half the folks here trying to hump a 45# pack more than 5 miles in the sun on foot

conserve energy an water during the day in the shade. move by night.  otherwise you probably wont make it far.

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

How large of a force would we need not to be fucked with? Would 20 armed people be enough to ensure our safety from roving gangs of bad guys? Would 100 or 200 be enough? Some of the gangs around here are rather large. We will have to fight to keep what we have and let’s face it we might have to take what we need at some point.

The people at Luke or DM could form a large force or National Guard people could hook up and be a threat. Even cops from a local dept or station could band together. Just don’t know how big of a group you would need to keep others from messing with you.

If we had a position where you could see 100 yards in most directions  Im betting a team of five-ten would be plenty to defend against any amount of gangsters.  What you have to worry about it Fudd peaking over a wall 300 yards a way with his 7mm magnum picking you off one by one until you stop coming outside then his buddy sneaks up and throws a molotov on the roof while the sniper covers him.

These are the things that freak me out about bugging IN , in a city.  Im not worried about gang bangers. Im worried about people who think like me running our of food.   I think the only way I would prefer to bug in is if we had a 20 or thirty man team to take over a costco.  We could weld up and secure a costco pretty easily and cover from the roof in ten man teams.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#34]
The reason to bug out would be your area has become uninhabitable. Uninhabitable areas are highly localized, usually moving a short distance will get you away from just about anything. And their really isn't anything that is likely to make the valley uninhabitable. We don't really have natural disasters here. Maybe a lack of usable water issue could arise but that's not going to be a sudden, everyone needs to bail right the f now!!! event. And if we had a localized water problem, the rest of the country would be trucking in water.
Plan for the most likely events. Job loss. Medical issue. Short term loss of power, water, fuel.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If we had a position where you could see 100 yards in most directions  Im betting a team of five-ten would be plenty to defend against any amount of gangsters.  What you have to worry about it Fudd peaking over a wall 300 yards a way with his 7mm magnum picking you off one by one until you stop coming outside then his buddy sneaks up and throws a molotov on the roof while the sniper covers him.

These are the things that freak me out about bugging IN , in a city.  Im not worried about gang bangers. Im worried about people who think like me running our of food.   I think the only way I would prefer to bug in is if we had a 20 or thirty man team to take over a costco.  We could weld up and secure a costco pretty easily and cover from the roof in ten man teams.  

Well if the situation arises I am all in for bugging in a Costco.

It's probably not a bad idea to have a plan together for something like this. If it really came down to roving street gangs and we needed to band together that is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: On another forum I had planned a few survival hikes, and only one guy ever showed up. Saying you want to learn how to survive and kick ass is one thing, actually doing it is something else. I should know - I make a living off the very few people that actually do something. Lots of people talk about it, though. So if anyone here actually wants to do something, I'm up for planning some more. Some of the things we did were:

-Hike into a location with nothing but the clothes on your back and a pocket survival kit - we also took rifles (it turned out to be 19 degrees that night and all we had were space blankets - damn near froze to death).

Interesting... email sent for more info..
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting... email sent for more info..

Where did that come from? I would definitely be interested.

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Rizzo posted it at the top of this page.  I've attended a couple of his past functions and have to say they were a blast.  Thought this would be interesting as well...
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]

-Hike into a location with nothing but the clothes on your back and a pocket survival kit - we also took rifles (it turned out to be 19 degrees that night and all we had were space blankets - damn near froze to death).[/quote]

SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF MY  WEEKEND'S BEHIND BULL MOUNTAIN TO ME

LET ME KNOW IF ANY PLANE ARE MADE FOR ANOTHER OUTING LIKE THIS... I AM A DO'ER
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Bugging-in is the only way to go for me.  Stay with the preps and just wait/fight it out.
Regardless of that outcome one thing I'll never want to become is a refugee.
And you take the risk of becoming a refugee when you bug-out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Bug in, let my competition kill each other and turn into beef jerky from the heat.

My best defense is simply not looking like I have anything.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bug in, let my competition kill each other and turn into beef jerky from the heat.

Bingo.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#43]
We have a very survivial-oriented manager here at the office who is already briefing us on SHTF plans...

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My plan as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Just curious, how many of you remember the last AZ SHTF?  Remember when the gas pipeline went out for a week, and the whole Valley freaked out?  That didn't even affect neighboring states much less the rest of the country...now realize, if it had gone on any longer, and affected CA, we'd have been out of water and power pretty soon.  The scary thing is, how many people left BEFORE they didn't have enough gas in the car to escape?  

I guess the good news is, if a real SHTF happens in the Summer, the unprepared will only survive a week at the outside, I strongly suspect dehydration and heat stroke would kill a lot of people fast, unfortunately mostly the elderly and young first, the gangbangers would presumably last longer, but only until they ran out of bottled water to steal I suspect.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Just curious, how many of you remember the last AZ SHTF?  Remember when the gas pipeline went out for a week, and the whole Valley freaked out?

I remember some thugs pulling pistols to cut into the front of the gas line I was in.

I keep some gas on hand now.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Just shoot me a call or text, I'll hold down the fort in Nogales
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

NATO Jerry cans are a man's best friend

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#49]
At this point, my best bet in SHTF is to grab my bible and start praying.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

NATO Jerry cans are a man's best friend  

Speaking of....any available local?  I also need to get the parents a generator, they would last about a day without a/c, though my Mom is thankully paranoid about water.  

By the way, what with the merket news today, I'd like to throw in that I don't think that SHTF is going to just happen at once.   It will be a slide.  Just curious if other people have a 'flash point' to bug out/implement the zombie defense plan/whatever?  Personally I still trying to work that one out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top